Will Inflation Lead Growth?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by qll, Jun 7, 2007.

1. That not true. I lived briefly in Beijing, food and everything else is exponentially cheaper than in the US. Even DVDs are cheap :D

Imported products are more expensive but what you need to live as a middle class, you probably just need 1/4 or less of what you need to live in Chicago. Not even a comparison.

#11     Jun 7, 2007
  2. qll

qll

I dont' trust cheap food. Many of my relatives run restaurants, in USA and in China. You don't want to eat there once you walk into the kitchen.

I am not sure when you lived in BJ. In 2005, I drove a $10K as an middle class. Now, many below middle class family drive $20K cars. Real esates, rents went up. Water bills, electricity bills went up. Even pork, wheat, rice went up (those future speculators are laughing.) I have not lived in the states for a while, not sure how the inflations are doing except gas prices.

#12     Jun 7, 2007
  3. Ohhh, that's why the US is trying so hard to find life in outer space. 'Cause after China, I can't think of any country on earth that could take it's place for manufacturing relatively cheap stuff for the masses throughout the world.

#13     Jun 7, 2007
  4. I think it's more than $50k in China, but it's due to taxes not inflation. I know an Accord costs $50k there.

#14     Jun 7, 2007