Will IB TWS run on the IPad?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Cdntrader, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Will IB TWS run on the IPad?

2. RedDuke

RedDuke

I am sure that their iPhone app will run fine. As for the web version, we'll have to wait until someone gets it.

3. cstfx

cstfx

If the iPad can run Java applications, I would think so. After all, the TWS is nothing more than a huge Java app.

Can you run Java on the iphone?

4. “Java’s not worth building in. Nobody uses Java anymore. It’s this big heavyweight ball and chain.” - Steve Jobs

5. moarla

moarla

if it run on iPhone, so it should on iPad. Isnt it the same thing a bit bigger :)
    lol

6. RedDuke

RedDuke

Web version of iTws does not work on iPhone.

7. cstfx

cstfx

The app that runs on the iPhone is not the TWS but a minimal, feature deprived app designed to allow you to enter trades if you need to, it is not designed to be an active trading platform. I think OP was looking for full TWS functionality due to the screen size of the iPad.

8. Exactly! would be an interesting way to trade if you could use TWS full version on IPad.

9. I'd prefer if Interactive Brokers made a version of their mobile software to run on Android platforms.

10. kgoodfl

kgoodfl

The TWS does not work on the iPad. I tried it. But, the webtrader does work so it is better than the iPhone app that I use now. I plan to get a 3G as soon as they come out. It is fantastic if you need to trade on the go. It's big enough to look at charts etc.

#10     Apr 9, 2010