Will IB offer mini-grains?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by mij, May 14, 2007.

1. Not sure, I trade breakouts in softs.

#31     May 16, 2007
  2. notouch

notouch

Looks like NYBOT still needs FSA approval.

#32     May 16, 2007
  3. When IB said they would not offer NYBOT, a few people here started to bitch.

Strange, now, that it is available, nobody seems to want to say "Thank You"...

Could it be you overstated your "need for softs" ????

Anyway, Thanks to IB for implementing it.

#33     May 21, 2007
  4. I think thanks would be in order if it didn't take four months......that plus all the problems in the implementation are likely the reasons (for the problems see here: http://www.interactivebrokers.com/cgi-bin/discus/board-auth.pl?file=/3/41193.html)

Personally I haven't needed them with IB yet because I've been trading them at openecry, where I opened an account after being unable to trade them at IB. I then found I could trade quite a few pit futures nicely so I'm moving my pit trading there as well.

SSB

#34     May 21, 2007
  5. inet

inet

SideShowBob,

What kind of pit futures are you trading?
    How about B/A spread and fill comfirmation? Thanks.

#35     May 21, 2007
  6. Tried to edit -- too late. I actually was doing pit trading with tradestation using their 1997 RJ O'Brien platform (RJ has a newer version but TS doesn't support it).

I've cut back on the pits now that almost everything is electronic, but I generally do the stuff you either can't do electronically (such as dollar index futures, Minn. Wheat, and until recently softs) or stuff with horrible spreads like live cattle, hogs, etc.

#36     May 21, 2007
  7. inet

inet

thanks.

#37     May 21, 2007
  8. FYI: Mpls wheat is available electronically, just not thru IB. Open E Cry offers it along with KCBOT wheat. Mpls wheat is thin volume tho.

#38     May 21, 2007