Will IB offer mini-grains?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by mij, May 14, 2007.

1. So when will the Softs be tradable? I can enter and select e.g. NYBOT "CC" for Cocoa but I can't trade it neither is data available.

Any ETA?

#21     May 16, 2007
  2. ids

ids

They are available.
    Trading permissions are common for all US futures.
    Market data permissions are under "International Petroleum Exchange (Non Professional)" in the account management. NYBOT softs are electronically traded on ICE which is called IPE on IB.

#22     May 16, 2007
  3. Wow. It's only 1 bucks. What a deal!
    I hope this deal stay for good.

#23     May 16, 2007
  4. Just a heads up everybody, you have to scroll way down in account management to

International Petroleum Exchange United Kingdom 1.00 GBP

in order to get the NYBOT softs! Seems to work fine, I am getting data into my TWS now!

#24     May 16, 2007
  5. notouch

notouch

It hasn't been known as International Petroleum Exchange for 2 years but never mind. Just one of those little quirks that makes you love IB. :p

#25     May 16, 2007
  6. ids

ids

We will make NYBOT market data subscription more obvious in near future.

#26     May 16, 2007
  7. I think its 1 GBP.. so that makes it around 2 bucks :p

#27     May 16, 2007
  8. So where are all the haters .. How IB is not evolving and adding new products and markets? Not reliable? Not secure?

C'mon fools bring it on.. I tell you what: IB is the best thing that ever happened to small fry (< $100m) like us!!! Thank you Interactive Brokers for yet another addition to your wide array of trading products.

#28     May 16, 2007
  9. notouch

notouch

So makloda, are there plenty of dips to buy on NYBOT softs?

#29     May 16, 2007
  10. notouch

notouch

Just got this from ICE's website:

"Please note that in respect of the United Kingdom: this material is directed only at professional investors; direct access to NYBOT's markets is not available to any person in the UK other than professional investors acceptable to NYBOT; and, no other person should rely on this communication."

Does this mean non-pros like me in the UK won't be able to trade these markets through IB?

#30     May 16, 2007