Will IB list the New ICE traded Crude contracts?

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by mahram, Jan 31, 2006.

1. me too, unless they are counting the complex strategies volume seperately - ie: exchange quoted calendar spreads, flys etc, that'd possibly account for volume of that ilk

#21     Feb 9, 2006
  2. aah, i bet thats front month volume only, whereas IPE will be counting all contracts volume like Nymex does for WTI

#22     Feb 9, 2006
  3. Hoi

Hoi

Ok, that explians it ...my posted numbers were only for March-2006

#23     Feb 9, 2006
  4. Any of you actually traded this contract yet, any thoughts?

#24     Feb 13, 2006
  5. New volume record yesterday for the WTI

61,601 contracts in all months and spreads

#25     Feb 16, 2006
  6. squeeze

squeeze

NYMEX will lose it's WTI market if it doesn't get it's act together PDQ.

#26     Feb 16, 2006
  7. its like LIFFE losing the Bund market when Eurex took the bund all electronic directly against the LIFFE floor. Floor was dead and closed in 12 months.

Floor vs screen will always lose in the long run. You'd think Nymex would have seen this coming, instead they were all too busy protecting their own interests at the top

#27     Feb 16, 2006
  8. TGM

TGM

Nymex is screwed and with the eCbot listing Gold options ---Comex will be screwed as well. These idiots with their love for open out cry are getting buried.

If ICE can start listing WTI options --that is when it will accelerate the volume.

We are witnessing a repeat of the Bund episode. London lost the Bund to Eurex's all electronic market.

#28     Feb 16, 2006
  9. squeeze

squeeze

In twelve months time there will just be a room full of ex-pit traders sat in front of screens shouting mine! and yours! and getting confused because nothing happens. :D

#29     Feb 16, 2006