Will Ib ever give pit access and more commods??

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by mahram, Aug 21, 2005.

1. I was wondering if Interactive brokers will ever give pit access and list all of the commods and futs, for trading. I know they are strictly ecn based company, but they should start considering it as an option, I think alot of futures traders would like that option of pit or ecn.

2. i sure hope not

3. Pabst

Pabst

Why not just open an account at a firm that facilitates pit traded contracts?

Seems easier than expecting your existing broker to change their business model.

4. The pits are coming to IB (dying) so in time everything will be electronic and you won't be at the mercy of the occasional thieves on the floor. When you get a full service broker ask him or her which pits are dangerous and untrustworthy --- if they say none then get another broker.

5. Guess IB doesn't handle enough for these gunslingers.

I hear they may be bringing the 3rd hand Cabbage Patch Doll market in the 4th quarter.

6. They were saying the pits would be gone in a few years 20 years ago.

7. ktm

ktm

Agreed. The technology was not as robust 20 years ago. As electronic volume continues to grow, it will make the transition easier. Lots of people are "moving upstairs".

8. mokwit

mokwit

As it is you can trade feeder cattle, Lean hogs, Oil, Gold Coffee Cocoa, Sugar Wheat (last 4 LIFFE).

as others have said, don't think IB are suddenly going to reverse direction on this and have people in the pits.