Will I ever move over 25K limit ...

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by lojze, Mar 20, 2002.

1. GeeTO69

GeeTO69

i don't think you should be trying to daytrade under 25K. you need a lot of good swing trade setups, and as long as you don't close them out the same day you can swing trade till the cows come home.

if you are unsure of how to proceed with trading, you might want to check this guy out www.momentumstockplays.com

i have no affiliation and i am a newer member but *i* like what i see there so far.

good luck

#11     Mar 20, 2002
  2. "Eminis are not what I know"

I didnt know anything about them other than what I read here but I'm doing a heck of a lot better with them than I was with stocks. Different strokes....I guess.

#12     Mar 20, 2002
  3. rickty

rickty

easy,

You couldn't give us an idea on how you're trading the e-minis,
    can you?

Richard

#13     Mar 20, 2002
  4. I play all the standard setups. They're pretty much the same whatever you trade. I just dont get the big slippage when I want out fast that I got with stocks. Less commissions. It all adds up.

#14     Mar 20, 2002
  5. rickty

rickty

easyrider,
    What's one of your more successful setups? And how you know
    when to get out? Thanks for any input.
    Richard

#15     Mar 20, 2002
  6. My favorite is shorting spikes but I wouldnt reccommend it for the fainthearted. After that I think a nice double top or bottom are the ones I seem to do pretty well on. My target is the last swing lo/hi. Linda Rashke said, "you can make a living selling lower highs and buying higher lows." The difficult part is waiting for the choice setups. Patience is everything. My 2 cents worth.:)

#16     Mar 20, 2002
  7. 1. take a look at eminis

2. watch the charts closely in multiple time frames (do not switch among them, simply lay them out in a few charts) and watch the actions for at least a week

3. index is different from stocks, so be patient during your learning period

good luck.

Lawrence

#17     Mar 26, 2002
  8. Does anybody know if single stock futures will have the same 25K SEC requirement?

#18     Mar 27, 2002
  9. No. However I believe there was some pressure to put up the margin levels....
    guess well find out soon enuff.

#19     Mar 27, 2002
  10. One suggestion to get around the 3 trade minimum is to trade options. Spreads on the QQQ's are about 5 to 10 cents. Other highly liquid stocks also have tight spreads.

#20     Mar 27, 2002