Will I ever move over 25K limit ...

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by lojze, Mar 20, 2002.

1. lojze

lojze

Or is there any other chance with IB?

IB has beeen always really generous to traders ...

Lojze

2. GeeTO69

GeeTO69

What are you talking about??

3. lojze

lojze

I am below 25K limit and I have difficulties moving over this daytrading limit.

I question myself how to move over this magical limit as I am daytrader in my style.

Lojze

4. Yes Yes Yes you will Lojze!!! All you have to do is make sure that your winning trades are more than your losing trades and you will-I promise-eventually make it over the 25k limit!

5. lojze

lojze

I am at 15K now, so pretty far away.

Lojze

6. lojze, I have this suggestion: CAREFULLY analyze every trade you've ever done. Classify them by specific strategy employed. Find #1 strategy and fine tune that strategy to make it as good as you can. By focusing on one thing you'll become an expert at it, affording you the greatest chance at quickly getting to 25K. Many of the most successful traders on the planet employ just one or two strategies over and over again. If you can't make it to 25K this way, the 25K most likely won't help. I realize you will only be able to trade 3 times a week. You'll have to pick high probablity trades. One way around the 3 trades per week is to take your $15,000 and split it between two brokers. $7,500 in each of two accounts means 6 trades a week. Trade light: look at all the stock under $40. A hundred shares is no problem. Believe me, you can make a lot of money trading in 100 share lots with the right strategy. Good luck$

7. GeeTO69

GeeTO69

what $$$ did you start with?

8. I went thru it. Three or even six trades a week does not work for a daytrader. It traps you into staying too long. A losing proposition. I switched to the eminis. You can daytrade the hell out of them.

9. lojze

lojze

I started with 18K.

Eminis are not what I know. How about two accounts and switching between them?

Lojze

10. GeeTO69

GeeTO69

you're going the wrong direction

#10     Mar 20, 2002