Will GM BK Unleash CDS Tsunami?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Cdntrader, Dec 3, 2008.

1. I agree with this, it also gives politicians with agendas time to add their pork/garbage conditionals, simlar to the last bailout.

#11     Dec 7, 2008
  2. Daal

Daal

true. in the case of some kind of restructuring even outside BK it might be considered a default event for the CDS

#12     Dec 7, 2008

3. I'm already getting Shelby flashbacks. It would really be something if this vote fails.and the second. and the third...:D

#13     Dec 7, 2008
  4. and here we go again..

Democrats Tone Down Prediction of Automaker Bailout Approval

Dec. 9 (Bloomberg) -- Democratic leaders backed off their prediction that Congress would approve a $15 billion automaker bailout within 48 hours, as Republican objections proved difficult to resolve.

#14     Dec 9, 2008
  5. richrf

richrf

What a sight that will be if the industry tumbles and millions of people lose their businesses and works because the Republicans only like bailing out banks. I want to watch this one. It would be something to behold.

#15     Dec 9, 2008
  6. saw this today.. had to share.

• big3.jpg
      File size:
      58.5 KB
      Views:
    #16     Dec 9, 2008
  7. Illum

Illum

Grabbed some puts on GM.. not much. Either way stock is garbage most likely. I would grab more if GM ever went to 10. Since its so low, it just felt too much like gambling. It feels like a sure thing... but who knows.

I think if they let GM go, we wont hold lows.

#17     Dec 9, 2008
  8. richrf

richrf

GM will get the money. But when this comes true, I don't want to get the reputation of being some soothsayer or something. All I have is commonsense. :)

#18     Dec 9, 2008
  9. limit

limit

This is how this will probably play out. Chrysler is toast, don't know where the pieces will wind up. Ford will survive, with help. GM is too large to fail(don't believe it) but too big to support from now on. They will limp GM along until we get the slightest upturn in the economy then all the gloves come off. After spending almost 20 years around the new car dealer business, GM has it coming...complete arrogance. FWIW, the dealer body costs virtually nothing to maintain, the number of dealers doesn't matter(except to other dealers trying to survive).

#19     Dec 9, 2008

10. Shelby using same playbook as he did for trying to kill TARP. And GMAC will only further his cause.

GMAC May Not Win Status of Bank Holding Company, Casting Doubt on Survival

#20     Dec 10, 2008