Will Give Chess Lessons For Trading Lessons

Discussion in 'Trading' started by baggerlord, Jun 9, 2003.

1. f3 is the best move there. It supports the e-pawn, covers the important g4 square, and makes it possible to initiate a kingside attack, which I countered with my play on the queenside and center. Duh. :)

#11     Jun 11, 2003
  2. I've beaten 10+ IM's in classical games, too. I just posted that game because it was all I had handy. Not claiming that it means I am the greatest or anything. I don't keep very good track of my old games, but if I come accross any of my good ones I will post them here. It isn't a big deal though, because I have already gotten good tips from 5 people in exchange for chess help, and a few free ones as well. Almost overwhelmed to be honest...Never hurts to ask I guess.

#12     Jun 11, 2003
  3. My highest ranking was around 1600 -- I played a lot as a kid, but I'm probably a lot worse now since I never really play. I believe GM starts around 2100?

#13     Jun 11, 2003
  4. Low end GM's are 2400+ and the best are 2600+

#14     Jun 11, 2003
  5. Chess is not like riding a bicycle.
    I was an 1840 10 years ago.
    Play maybe twice a year now.

I'm probably about a 1250-1300 now. :(

Requires constant practice.

peace

axeman

#15     Jun 11, 2003
  6. So dude, you have a rating or what? You are for sure better than me.. but just curious.

There is no money in chess.. that's partly why I stopped playing several years ago.

#16     Jun 11, 2003
  7. I have a rating, but as you may have realized this is little money in chess. Unless, of course, you don't let your rating realize its full potential. :) I've made some pretty good money at chess just playing once or twice a year for money. Nothing to live off of, but good cash every now and then. ($5k+ a tourny) Then a few little tournaments, to let my rating relax...I would estimate my true strength to be around 2200, based on my typical online ratings.(2200-2500)

#17     Jun 11, 2003
  8. nitro

nitro

There is a BIG difference between USCF ratings and FIDE ratings - FIDE ratings generally add 100 - 200 points to the equivalent USCF ratings. Further, International Master and Grandmaster is not a rating, it is a title awarded for having achieved a score against other titled players in a certain Category TWICE, which is called achieving a Norm. That makes it MUCH harder to achieve than a rating. However, it is generally true that GM's are 2500+ FIDE. Not always, but generally...

nitro

#18     Jun 11, 2003
  9. I was generalizing their rating levels, not stating the requirements to become one. Sorry if I was misunderstood. In my experience players will generally have higher FIDE ratings than USCF. Damn I never thought I would get called out on chess.

#19     Jun 11, 2003
  10. Shit on this board you'll get called out on the principles of basket weaving!!

#20     Jun 11, 2003