Will general population give up stocks ?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by jacksmith, Mar 3, 2009.

1. . . . and count me in on the run on the banks next month as well.
    (But I may go a few days early - you just don't want to be the LAST guy to pull your money out).

#21     Mar 3, 2009
  2. stocks surging this morning . ppl have NOT forgotten about stocks whatsoever. Never have, never will.

#22     Mar 4, 2009
  3. Oh, oh. That means someone from the Obama "Plunge Continuation Team" will have to make a statement this afternoon.

#23     Mar 4, 2009
  4. When GE goes under, I think the general population will jump ship.

DOW like 2000, S&P 150 by then. Back to the old days.

Amazing.

It will be like before where only a small segment of the population owned stock and volume would collapse to 1980s levels.

#24     Mar 4, 2009
  5. As long as there is anticipated value people will buy. Stocks will go up.

#25     Mar 4, 2009
  6. Nope those days will be kaput. People will go back to in cash we trust and 3% (or 12% post inflation CD's) and no one will touch stocks.

Equity will be a thing of the past. So best to cash in today and keep on shorting before the gravy train passes.

#26     Mar 4, 2009
  7. lol wrong

the best Cd's give 4% interest at best

stocks can return 40% a year in a good bull market-and then 10-20% a year thereafter.

#27     Mar 4, 2009
  8. And then they lose 50% in one year and then you have -5% return on your investment. Stock market is for the educated and savvy investors not for your average joe. But people are greedy and i'm sure will again invest in the market.

#29     Mar 5, 2009
  9. 377OHMS

377OHMS

If there isn't much market left then where will companies go to raise capital?

Pesky degenerative feedback. :D

#30     Mar 5, 2009