Will Fed cut rates on December 11th?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by The Kin2, Nov 24, 2007.

Will Fed Cut?

Poll closed Dec 24, 2007.
  1. No rate cut, steady at 4.5%

38 vote(s)
    27.9%
  2. 25 bp cut, 4.25% (fed fund futures votes here)

59 vote(s)
    43.4%
  3. 50 bp cut or more

29 vote(s)
    21.3%
  4. Fed will raise rates, and I am joking of course because that will never happen.

10 vote(s)
    7.4%
  1. First saw that last week and waited til today to look at it again. I pulled it at Yahoo Finance and saw it again on the economic calenders of my online brokers. I don't understand whats so surprising about it.

Lets pull up some pretty charts of the past. From CARPE DIEM

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Even at the height of the S&L debacle, no recession.

That blog has few other tidbits going on today that isn't of the "gloom and doom, end of the world" crap thats appearing all over the place.

#21     Nov 27, 2007
  2. Jaxon

Jaxon

Guess I have to change my vote to YES, they will cut rates. :confused:

#22     Nov 28, 2007
  3. This place reminds me of Gorilla trades...buncha goin' back and forth...

It's bananas!!!

[​IMG]

#23     Nov 28, 2007
  4. They will cut 25bps. Downside risk is too big to not cut. Fed is playing the "transparency" game, by indicating that they are aware of inflatinonary pressure and the state of the dollar. This talk is just token to appease Ron Paul.

#24     Nov 28, 2007
  5. You're thinking in US Dollars. Get with the times. India and China will soon be drivers of the world's economy. America could cease all oil consumption today, and demand from the rest of the world would pick up the slack within a decade.

#25     Nov 28, 2007
  6. Let's just cut it to 0, in the matter of face, can you cut it into a negative number?

I mean, over night rate means nothing when we have no idea what M3 is.

#26     Nov 28, 2007
  7. They'll cut it, and spell their own doom - if the market hasn't done shit, and has even gone backwards, after billions of $$ injections and multiple rate cuts already, what's one more going to do?

#27     Nov 28, 2007
  8. That was beautiful this morning. Santelli owned Leisman on that debate. He is the only person I listen to on CNBC. More rate cuts aren't going to do shit. This market needs to work out if problems, it's called recession.

#28     Nov 28, 2007
  9. Haha bitches, all 34 of you assholes have been exposed wrong. I dare you to come out of anonymity and expose your vote that the fed WONT cut rates. Come on now so we can publically ridicule you. The fact of the matter is the Fed is cutting and cutting huge.

#29     Nov 28, 2007
  10. Go ahead. I say no rate cut.

#30     Nov 28, 2007