will cl break 90 and drop to 86 ?

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by Wallace, Apr 5, 2013.

1. 86 would be the perfect measured move down. It seems so obvious, so easy....

it only takes one headline to fuck it all up real or manufactured.

#11     Apr 12, 2013
  2. cdcaveman, feel like I'm having to spoon feed you:
    amibroker gann hilo activator: http://www.amibroker.com/library/detail.php?id=60
    and google: gann swing

stated previously, the MT4 version or the one's I've tried don't allow a user setting so
    they have a very limited use as far as I'm concerned

ninjatrader HiLo Activator with arrows: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/forum/showthread.php?t=51040

Robert Krausz is president of the 'Fibonacci Trader' charting program and featured
    in Jack Schwager’s 'New Market Wizards'
    between 1992 and 1997 he traded the 'Gann Swing' - aka hilo activator
    attached is Krausz's 'The New Gann Swing Chartist' article describing the trading
    method and published in the 'Technical Analysis' magazine
    ' Beginning equity $30,000.00
    Total trades 143
    Winning trades 66
    Losing trades 75
    Total net profit $119,812.50 '

#12     Apr 12, 2013
  3. you actually do have to spoon feed me.. ask atticus/doobs/newworldmn/sle or any of the other options traders... haha i googled it and came up with a bunch of crap in forex spammy forums.. so i was hoping you would take the time out to point me in the right direction.. and that is much appreciated.. thank you..

#13     Apr 12, 2013
  4. you're welcome cdcaveman

#14     Apr 12, 2013
  5. I think the whole world is slowing down. I think all this talk about the recovery gaining steam is crap. Clearly events can drive crude higher, even much higher, but based on the world economy I think it could go below 80 in coming months.

That said, you rarely make money on fundemental narratives unless you are a strong hand with capital and guts to match.

#15     Apr 13, 2013
  6. its only set up to work for futures in amibroker.. i tried to hack it a little and make it work for stocks.. no go.. blah

#16     Apr 13, 2013
  7. cdcaveman: google: amibroker gann swing / hilo activator
    I didn't read all that was listed, there may be other indicators

post a request on the Yahoo amibroker forum

#17     Apr 14, 2013
  8. i get that... here is the script.. that is not plotting.. i posted on yahoo forum..
    *Gann HiLo*/

Hld = IIf(C > Ref(MA(H, 3), -1), 1, IIf(C < Ref(MA(L, 3), -1), -1, 0));
    Hlv = ValueWhen(Hld != 0, Hld, 1);
    Hilo = IIf(Hlv == -1, MA(H, 3), MA(L, 3));
    Trigger = IIf(C>Hilo, colorGreen, colorRed);
    Plot(Hilo,"HiLo",Trigger,styleStaircase);

#18     Apr 14, 2013
  9. can't help you with coding cdcaveman

Monthly chart with fibos

#19     Apr 15, 2013
  10. thats cool... i figured it out.. alot of times its just so simple and right in front of you

#20     Apr 16, 2013