Will Bush win a 2nd term ?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hahaha, Apr 18, 2003.

1. tampa

tampa

Jesse, Jesse, Jesse - what would a fine born again Christian like George say about your encouraging people to wager on his 2004 election chances? For shame, for shame, for shame!!!

#11     Apr 18, 2003
  2. I say "put your money where your mouth is, if you don't think W will be re-elected."

you'll even get 2 to 1.

know what 2 to 1 on zero equals?

#12     Apr 18, 2003
  3. tampa

tampa

Go for it Jesse - put everything you have on the line. Of course my guess is that you are an empty pocked neo-conservative, who really ain't got a lot of change to spare.

For the record, I am a well to do limousine liberal, far to smart to place a bet on an uncertain event a year and a half in front.

#13     Apr 19, 2003
  4. If you were "far to [sic] smart to place that bet" you would know that in that circumstance you spell the word as "too" not "to". Get back in your limousine.

#14     Apr 19, 2003
  5. hahaha

hahaha

And since when do bets give an indication for presidential elections ? Shame!

#15     Apr 19, 2003
  6. There are two factors here that seem to make Bush an overwhelming favorite, over and beyond the incumbent advantage. One, the Dem's don't have any attractive challengers, and in fact the primary process is likely to produce a challenger who will be loathed by most of the country. Remember that USA Today red/blue map?

The other factor is that, outside of hollywood and most of NYC, people genuinely like Bush. They had a distant respect for his dad but never really liked him and sensed that he was uncomfortable around them. This guy is different. People not only would like him as their next door neighbor, they would like him to come to their barbeque. He comes across as totally genuine. Most importantly, they feel he will protect them.

#16     Apr 19, 2003
  7. What a sad, sad day for the US and the world if this buffoon and his henchmen (the real "axis of evil") get a second term.

I'm betting it won't happen. A year and a half is a long, long time in politics; ample time for all the icecream-like "war support" to melt away under the glare of what will, more likely than not, be an even more ailing economy.

Maybe the "other" America, the one routinely ignored by the perpetrators of the "supply side" mythos, whose vision is structurally obstructed by the dollar signs in their eyes, (ie Bush and his cronies), will wise up and vote out the current thieves.

#17     Apr 19, 2003
  8. hahaha

hahaha

Well I suppose overwhelming war support doesn't necessarily mean overwhelming votes, yes ?

#18     Apr 21, 2003