Will Bush get re-elected?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by aphexcoil, Mar 8, 2004.

1. newbunch

newbunch

Who was the last Liberal (ie. higher taxes) Northern Democrat to win a preseidential election? I'm sure you guys can open up your history books and figure it out.

#61     Mar 9, 2004
  2. Who was the last president who did not win popular vote to get reelected? Who was the last president who had a net loss of jobs to get reelected? Who was the last president who at this time in the election campaign was trailing in polls and had approval rating at/bellow 50% to get reelected? I'm sure you guys can open up your history books and figure it out.

#62     Mar 9, 2004
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

Well, I take it since none of our resident liberals have been able to come up with a soltion to creating jobs, we will just have to say that they have nothing more to offer then this current administration. They sure do bark pretty loud though when they scream out where are the jobs, where are the jobs. But they really don't have a bite. All bark. Hey, its not like most of us on ET didn't already know this.

#63     Mar 9, 2004
  4. Mav,

Kerry has an economic plan. He wants to impose a huge tax increase, he claims he wants to do away with free trade, even though he voted for it, and he wants to come down hard on "Benedict Arnold" ceo's who dare to create jobs in other countries. I'm sure soon the Dem's will have an ad with 75 Nobel Prize winners saying that is the ticket to prosperity.

All the handwringing about jobs overlooks that the unemployment rate is lower than the average during the 90's.

The economy is growing strongly, inflation is nil, rates are low, housing is booming and all Kerry and his crowd can see is misery, enormous need and victims of the Bush war on working Americans.

The Republicans better get off their fat asses and start countering all the misinformation the Dems' and their media allies are spreading. Bush Sr. didn't, he let let Clinton run around and lie about the economy and we know what happened.

#64     Mar 9, 2004
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

AAA, you and I know this. I just want to hear one liberal on here verbalize what they would do. Forget about Kerry, we have soooooooo many smart liberals on ET with all the answers, surely they can come up with a solution that Bush and his administration have not thought of. I know they can, I'm still waiting.

#65     Mar 9, 2004
  6. The question is, do you have confidence that the leader who:

presided over one of the greatest job loss in history, the greatest rollback in environmental protection, an unnecessary war that costs billions with no exit plan, who took a time when we had the greatest support and sympathy ever from the world (right after 9/11) and then pissed that support away, who gave a tax cut that benefited primarily the wealthy (those who own stocks in large quantities that pay dividends) and has not produced jobs as a result as the money flows into investments that don't create jobs, who generated a mammoth budget deficit by NEVER SAYING NO TO A SINGLE BILL THAT INCREASED SPENDING, who has not fired the CIA director who presided over perhaps the greatest blunder in US intelligence history.....the list goes on and on.

Or do you want a change.

If this is where Bush has led us the first 4 years, what on earth would make anyone believe the next 4 won't be even worse.

He has not laid out any new plans, just keep driving the USS Titanic right for the iceberg.

Keep cutting taxes for the wealthy, keep increasing the budget deficit, keep creating enemies abroad, keep allowing corporations to run roughshod over the people, keep allowing gas and oil prices to rise....

What a vision.

#66     Mar 9, 2004
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

Wow!, I was really counting on ART to have an answer but he just completely dodged the question. Wow. If ART can't come up with a better plan to create jobs then the liberals have nothing. Nothing! You know everyone can talk and criticize but nobody on the left has any solutions. See thats the problem Kerry is going to have during the debates. He is going to cry out where are the jobs but when the question gets turned on him, he will have no answers, no solutions. The American people are not going to go for that. Sorry ART, you lose this round.

#67     Mar 9, 2004
  8. Just THIS round? :D

peace

axeman

#68     Mar 9, 2004
  9. Kerry's tax increases on income above $200K have nothing to do with job creation - it has to do with huge budget deficit. Other then that you are right or close - free trade should be reviewed and changed into free, fair and balanced trade.

Benedict Arnolds should not be allowed to manufacture in China, incorporate and pay taxes in Bermuda and sell in America on equal basis with a competitor manufacturing in USA, employing americans and paying taxes to uncle Sam.

Mav, this is the plan, you may no like it, you may disagree and not believe in it, but do not complain that there is no plan.

#69     Mar 9, 2004
  10. Here is the typical Bush voter thinking to himself at the voting booth:

"Let's see.

I have a choice between a known: Bush who has fuck this deal up and stands to make it worse over the next 4 years....

Or I have a choice of an unknown who hasn't fucked it up.

Ok, I choose Bush because I am a moron."

Either you want a change, or you want continuation.

Either you like the direction, or you want to go in a different direction.

It really is that simple.

Either you want that fat fuck Cheney and the Bush cabinet to stay in place, to load the bench with conservative judges and maintain the status crapola...

Or you want a change.

Either you want an administration that generates fear so that they can make you feel secure in their leadership...

Or you want a change.

Either you want an administration that wants to bring back union of church and state...

Or you want a change back to separation of church and state as was inteneded by the framers.

Either you want an administration that won't willingly open up the books on what really happened on 911...

Or you want an adminstration that is an open book.

We can go on, and on, and on.......

It really is this simple...either status crap...or time for a change.

#70     Mar 9, 2004