Will Bush get re-elected?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by aphexcoil, Mar 8, 2004.

1. tradesports.com has Bush getting re-elected at 62.4 right now. I'm curious what everyone else is thinking as of right now.

2. Im guessing he wont.
    Bush inherited the 2nd worst bear market ever.
    If history repeats, he will lose on this alone.
    Crappy job market and selling out with outsourcing
    has many americans pissed and angry.

peace

axeman

3. IBIUBU

IBIUBU

I am not sure RE-elected is the right term

But in any event, I would guess that he has failed to perform to a great enough degree that the voters will want a change just for the sake of change if nothing else.

Besides, Kerry just seems more "presidential". No one has seemed less presidential than Bush in my lifetime.

I.

4. cdbern

cdbern

These class envy Democrats are farther away than ever from the words of President Lincoln who said, “You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot help the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer. You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.”

5. From the issues section of John Kerrys website, under Economy and jobs

"George W Bush has chosen tax cuts for the wealthy and special favors for the special interests over our economic future. John Kerry’s priority will be middle class families who are working hard to cover the mortgage, pay the high cost of health care, child care and tuition, or just trying to get ahead. "

Fu**ing hate this class warefare BULLSHIT!!!!!! :mad:

Tax cuts for the wealthy my ass.
    More like tax cuts for the TAX PAYERS.

Who does John Kerry think he is gonna raise taxes on?
    The RICH PEOPLE making 40k a year?!?!?
    He probably defines middle class as people who
    make 10k-39k a year. :mad:

peace

axeman

6. I am surprised to hear you say this. Why do you think this is so?

Peace,
    :)RS

7. cdbern

cdbern

Kerry voted against the Bush tax cuts in 2001 and 2003. He voted against eliminating the marriage penalty a dozen times. In 1993, he voted twice for President Clinton’s budget plan, which raised taxes by a history-making $240 billion. In 1998 Kerry voted against requiring a super-majority to raise taxes. He voted no to across-the-board spending cuts in 1999. He’s been greedily at the trough with the best of them, voting at least five times to raid the Social Security trust fund.

Charting out some highlights helps with the perspective:

1989-90: Votes against considering a capitol gains tax cut.

1993-94: Votes against spending reductions – an amendment to reduce budget spending by $94 billion. Votes for the largest tax increase in American history.

1995-96: Votes against balancing the budget – a bipartisan plan to balance the books in seven years.

1997-98: Votes against approving a GOP budget to cut spending and taxes. Votes against a balanced-budget constitutional amendment.

1999-2000: Votes against reducing federal taxes by $792 billion over 10 years.

2001: Votes against the Bush tax cut – a $1.35 trillion tax cut package to reduce income-tax rates, alleviate the “marriage penalty” and gradually repeal the estate tax. Votes to reduce Bush’s proposed tax cut ceiling by $448 billion over 10 years.

Food for thought, watch the wallet.

8. Class warfare, huh? Did you ever stop to think who started it?

The wealthy have the government protecting their interests only, providing them with special favors, tax cuts and other perks, they are the ones who started class warfare.

Medicare bill benefits drug companies only, which in turn pay back to the republicans in campaign fund donations etc. This is all at the expense of american public. Same deals with oil industry, defense industry, insurance etc. So who is conducting class warfare? And if previously those benefits for big business at least trickled down to the rest of the country, now they are trickling out of the country to India, China etc.

CEOs compensation went up 50-100% in 2003 while they outsource work to save cost, while people can't get a job and when they do find it - it pays 20% less on average then their previous job.

This round of class warfare was started by republicans and the rich so they should not act surprised. What goes around comes around.

9. There's a reason why Bush is running the 9/11 ads, what else has he done?

10. Many of the things Bush has done have angered and distrurbed me, but here's a link that shows he will always be remembered (even if he loses) for several remarkable decisions:

http://www.suntimes.com/output/roeser/cst-edt-roes06.html

And, the more I find out about his opponent, the more I think "anyone but Kerry"...

#10     Mar 8, 2004