Will Bush Close The Market Friday?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by DrAtomic, Nov 20, 2008.

1. nkhoi

nkhoi

[​IMG]

#11     Nov 20, 2008
  2. toc

toc

If one sees the chart of NASDAQ and S&P for last 5 years, it nearly mirrors the chart of the Oil Index. This means the tanking market will take oil prices down with it. That is the only good news.

Regarding the big 3 Auto, Major Airlines, Boeing, IBM, Microsoft, Triple-MMM, Bank of America type companies which in actuality run the USA Inc. WILL NEVER BE ALLOWED TO GO BANKRUPT. The auto bailout is coming but it will have economic consequences and recession can result with higher taxes leaving consumers with less spending dollars which in turn hits the bottomlines of other companies like luxary goods and high end restaurents.

Obama will have to take some hard decisions regarding bailing out the USA from the current mess.

Is it time to buy a plot of land and start finding ways to live off it for next 2-3 years, just in case the only major employer in the small town shuts its doors.

#12     Nov 20, 2008
  3. #13     Nov 20, 2008
  4. we need to impose an uptick rule and ban shorting on all securities

#14     Nov 20, 2008
  5. stock, i'm not sure how it is possible, but you actually get dumber with each successive post, do us all a favor and go back to the yahoo kiddie pool with your cheerleading. Why don'y you just admit you have been utterly dead wrong, you have no clue what you are doing and you are going to live up to your word and be banished from elitetrader, forever this time. You are not even humorous anymore, you are an annoyance kind of like diarrhea

#15     Nov 20, 2008
  6. You're still annoying because you keep replying to my posts

Paulson could possibly request another $700 billion. We need more stimulus and bailout.

#16     Nov 20, 2008
  7. You make it sound like he's closing a retail store for the weekend. Bush can't just close the "market". There are many "markets" on many different exchanges. I don't think he has the authority to close the NYSE, I think that is the decision of the NYSE. He could consult with them if he feels it's warranted...

#17     Nov 20, 2008
  8. DrA made 24 post since 2005. He is bearish. Another sign of the (absolute?) bottom!

#18     Nov 20, 2008
  9. Stock why don't you be a man and admit defeat? You have been and will continue to be wrong, do the right thing, admit you have no clue what you are doing, you have been wrong for over a year, and then go away as you promised.

#19     Nov 20, 2008
  10. I'm not selling because I am confident in the stock market and US economy. I've already taken large losses on my positions and I intend to buy some MA soon. I am still long MOS which sucks, but it is only part of my portfolio.

yea I wrong starting in October 2007, and then the situation worsened in September for me when all the energy, tech, foreign and commodity stocks fell off a cliff, as well as the whole market. I was doing good until September and then b00m the bottom falls out.

#20     Nov 20, 2008