Will Blockchain Change Money and Business ? Poll

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by easymon1, Aug 17, 2019.

Will Blockchain Change Money and Business ?

1. no, that's good

5 vote(s)
    21.7%
  2. yes, that's bad

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  3. no clue

4 vote(s)
    17.4%
  4. yes, that's good

14 vote(s)
    60.9%
  5. no, that's bad

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. tradenet

tradenet

#11     Sep 11, 2019
  2. traderjo

traderjo

so the "Coiners" believe that entire world's supply chain one day be in one Crypto currency? correct? and that too only one crypto currency? what if along with Bitcoin something else becomes a flavour of the month and people loose interest in usage of Bitcoin!

I earn , save, spend eat, and everything in between in 1 or 2 real currencies backed by countries credit rating assets etc.
    Blockchain as a technology perhaps has value in diff industries but is there a value in going away from real to a "crypto" currency, I can't see any at this stage
    I raised few question in the past such as why on earth should I change my $ to a Crypto and then go next door to purchase coffee when I can do it with my $ itself?
    but non of the coiners gave any logical answers and only labelled me as "Non coiner"
    :banghead:

#12     Sep 13, 2019
  3. johnarb

johnarb

Can you provide a quote or evidence of this from any of the bitcoin hodler's posts?

#13     Sep 13, 2019
  4. traderjo

traderjo

That is the wish is it not of the "Coiners" ?
    Attended a Fintech event the other day , a exchange operator (whose sales pitch was buy bitcoin bit by bit ( no pun intended) by dollar cost averaging.. was talking about lindy effect, and he was talking about how the 21 million bitcoins are are definite resource but when I asked him ok great but what if tomorrow a another Crypto becomes more widely accepted and Bitcoin looses it's value.... His answer was other coins are scams.. LOL

The ultimate is Full global Money and while that happens the volatility means you either make a killing or loose a shirt. so as a speculator great.. but as store of value why bother?
    So how is this different than say EURO becoming a universal global currency as is it is not tied to one country.

[​IMG]

#14     Sep 14, 2019
  5. johnarb

johnarb

That is not. That makes no sense to me, actually. I don't know of anyone here who has mentioned that goal.

#15     Sep 14, 2019
  6. traderjo

traderjo

so what is the point then? a real business owner who promotes Bitcoin as mentioned above clearly was talking about it.. hence that graphics

#16     Sep 15, 2019
  7. johnarb

johnarb

That's one bitcoin participant's opinion. Bitcoin is decentralized and distributed globally and that view is the extreme minority, most people who invest in bitcoin view it as a digital investment asset, i.e. digital gold.

Even the ones who view bitcoin as a cryptocurrency play don't see it as a replacement for fiat. Why would they? There are many currencies worldwide used as payment and bitcoin will coexist with Euro or USD, if anything, it competes with PayPal or Mastercard as a payment processor of the Internet.

That is the reason I asked you if you can provide a post here on ET to support your assumption and you went out and dug that.

#17     Sep 15, 2019
  8. traderjo

traderjo

My assumption is based on hearing people vehemently supporting crypto ( not the blockchain technology but crypto and various ICO) every time I talk to any "believer" coiner.. as soon as they dismiss my simple question I ask them mine.

Even in this discussion you are harping on who said what on ET ...no body has answered in a simple logical way why should a single currency lifestyle should even bother about crypto currency?
    SO from your post I get the following correct me if I am wrong
    - Crypto believer dont see it as a replacement for Fiat! ( then why bother)
    - "most people who invest in bitcoin view it as a digital investment asset"
    Investment asset or a trading asset? lets be clear if it is a trading class I have no issues( hell I would bet on two flies on the wall who moves first... that is adiff ball game)
    as investment I invest in companies who crate things from medical devices to jet engines to movies...
    Any way one last question why would I take currecny risk when majority of my supply chain is one or at the most two currencies?

#18     Sep 15, 2019
  9. johnarb

johnarb

You have a lot of questions and no offense, but I don't feel like providing the research for you. There's a thread right next to this one where you can get a lot of resources and books to read.

Bitcoin is a decentralized, distributed, peer-to-peer, immutable, censorship-resistant, cryptocurrency and a digital asset. How people use it is entirely up to them. Some use it as a hedge for a dooms-day scenario if all the trillions of debts cause a financial system crisis, others just simply view it as another investment vehicle to speculate on, and still others see it as borderless method of payment without a centralized agency.

None of these are use-cases are exclusive of one another. I'm done responding to you again, as you're a time-waster. I've seen your post history at other threads. Always asking, always demanding for answers.

#19     Sep 15, 2019
  10. easymon1

easymon1

Listening Time: 30 seconds
    on cue and ready:
    Blockchain Island | Coin Telegraph Documentary
    Listening Time: 30 seconds

(McAfee makes an interesting statement at minute 3:45 sec of the vid too, btw.)

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
    #20     Sep 15, 2019