Will baby boomers get their pension?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by morganist, Jun 14, 2011.

Will baby boomers get their pension.

1. No they will get nothing.

8 vote(s)
    22.9%
  2. They will get next to nothing but something.

17 vote(s)
    48.6%
  3. They will have enough to live on.

6 vote(s)
    17.1%
  4. They will get everything they paid for.

4 vote(s)
    11.4%
  1. You will get nothing from the gov't. Make your own wealth and rely on no government.

#31     Jun 15, 2011
  2. morganist

morganist Guest

I totally agree.

#32     Jun 15, 2011
  3. zdreg

zdreg

seizing private pension assets is what bankrupt countries do i.e. argentina. when I said this over a year ago a know nothing fat finger mod "patriot" moved the thread to chit chat. times have changed. the idea of a bankrupt US is becoming mainstream.

#33     Jun 19, 2011
  4. Total US unfunded liabilities is $114 Trillion .

Average life of a fiat currency throughout history is 40 years.

I think anyone that relies on fixed income better come up with Plan B.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

#34     Jun 19, 2011
  5. morganist

morganist Guest

Medicare is the big one. If they got rid of that it would solve abour seventy or eighty percent of the problem.

#35     Jun 19, 2011
  6. Not to argue, but Medicaid is the bad one. I've got a family member on Medicaid. The waste and fraud is blatant and astounding.
    A "shrink" came to her room in the assisted living center she's in and "counseled" her, declared her to have Alzheimers and prescribed medication.
    She told him "No thanks, now get out!" LOL
    We'll never know how much he billed the US Taxpayer for his bullshit.
    Multiply that times how many millions are in Medicaid "nursing homes", and try to keep up with that number as it grows daily.
    Good luck.

#36     Jun 19, 2011
  7. bone

bone

The problem isn't the people who have worked all their lives and paid into the system - it's the people who haven't.

How did LBJ's Great Society improve America ? How did citizens who chose not to work or could not work make ends meet before the 1960's ? Of the 50 % of American citizens who are on some type of government assistance, what percentage of those are essentially free-loaders who take far more out of the system than they ever contributed ?

#37     Jun 19, 2011
  8. After experiencing the nonsense in the elder care industry the bussiness is purely profit driven the model is set up for wealth destruction. Families throw out their old people and assets returned to the system in mainly a condensation model. If a family member does not take reasponsibilty for elder care the estate is sucked dry. The model is broke. Boomers will probably spend most of thier wealth on perserving their health and life style. They will probably have the longest life span of any Americans even if it to the detriment of Gen X,Y, Z, and Alpha. They will stay inthe workforce until forced out because there is no other option. Boomers and there hippie mentality wrecked this nation. Draconian measures will have to take place if nation want to survive.

Akuma

#38     Jun 20, 2011
  9. If Boomers had stuck with the more of the "hippie" elements, we would be in much better shape.

#39     Jun 20, 2011
  10. zdreg

zdreg

you could be right. the US would be more integrated and the boomers would be living off the land with less pollution etc.

#40     Jun 20, 2011