Will anyone ever beat Zangar's World Record of turning $10k into 42million in 18 mos?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by discrat, Sep 30, 2006.

1. I agree that 2 x leverage makes his accomplishment virtually impossible. On greater leverage and with millions of investors/traders, who knows?

Zanger is further proof that there is no correlation between trading aptitude and educational achievement, social standing, bank account size (initially at least) or message board prowess.

#21     Oct 1, 2006
  2. zanger had something that nobody can be taught. he had balls of steel at the best time in history.it also gives hope to all as he traded in futility for 15 or so years till he hit it head on. on his site he states thats he's never been able to successfully teach anyone his style. hell last year he margined full and bought $30 mil of goog and made heavy 7 figures. he said in interview he shorted 160,000 shares of ebay right before it tanked 20 pts in jan 2005. but on the other side of the equation i found his newsletter worthless the last 4 months as his real forte is chasing huge upmoves with huge shares. he seemed to change his mind every few days as the market went up and down. several times in august he said stay out of the market till mid oct so he was very wrong.

#22     Oct 1, 2006
  3. Artie21

Artie21

1999-2000 PRODUCED A LARGE NUMBER OF VERY LUCKY TRADERS WHO BOUGHT SHARES, DOUBLED UP THE NEXT DAY AND MADE ENORMOUS GAINS.

BY 2002, MANY OF THESE TRADERS WENT BROKE BECAUSE THEY COULD NOT ADAPT TO CHANGING CONDITIONS.

#23     Oct 1, 2006
  4. fletch2

fletch2

THANK YOU FOR YOUR DEEP, PENETRATING INSIGHTS. STICK AROUND, WE HAVE MUCH TO LEARN FROM YOU.

Fletch

#24     Oct 1, 2006
  5. What website? Where? What's the link? Who is Zanger?

#25     Oct 2, 2006
  6. Making these kind of returns only impress me if they can KEEP the profits.
    Did Zanger keep his profit or did he give it back to the market?
    I guess he gave back alot. The more he gave back, the less impressive it becomes.
    Having balls is good, keeping them is better.

Driving through NY city at 150 mph is only impressive if you survive it; if you crash you are probably an idiot that ran out of luck.

#26     Oct 2, 2006
  7. Larry Williams kept his. Linda Raschke kept hers. Larry in California and Linda lives in Florida. They both live in multi million dollar estates. Larry Williams daughter is a famous award winning beautiful blonde actress.

#27     Oct 2, 2006
  8. I am no zanger even though I am WAAY up in my acct from the beg of the yr to now

I am more impressed if Zanger is giving back to society
    in some fashion even if it is giving homeless people in his town
    $10 bills and a cup of coffee one at a time

may all of us be able in our own way to give back to others

and be blessed as traders who from time to time
    make more than enough money to live on

#28     Oct 2, 2006
  9. Dmitry grossed about triple as much as Zanger during the Golden Age. His net before taxes (after Schonfeld's cut) was about double.

However, Dmitry was well capitalized & well leveraged.

#29     Oct 2, 2006
  10. you want to give back to others....then don't give them money. That's a cop out...it makes you feel like your doing something, but the reality is giving out money doesn't do much good. If you really want to help, give some of your time, and focus on getting some results.

#30     Oct 2, 2006