Will AAPL Be the First Tirllion Dollar Company?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Cdntrader, Feb 24, 2012.

1. You are cherry picking from your bullshit stats to support the argument android is *dominating*. They are clearly not, and to atticus point, even with significant hardware advantage + 4g. Admit "dominating" is not the correct word and move on.

And trefoil summed it up nicely, i lost track the # of times this piece of shit samsung freezes, my phone button disappears, browser crashing. And they always seem to happen at the worst possible time when you need to make an important call or looking up something on the move. They can keep the dual core + super amoled screen..

And dont even want to look at android marketplace it's so shitty on top of all the bloatware samsung/verizon force on your phone. Cant wait until the new iphone comes so i can get the hell out of my contract.

#71     Feb 27, 2012
  2. There was an accounting change that affects Apple's earnings. They are allowed to book future revenue from sale of apps or hardware upgrades immediately upon sale of an iPhone rather than booking it as each piece of the revenue comes in. This has the effect of overstating their current earnings.

#72     Feb 27, 2012
  3. What the post above this one says, re the accounting change. Covered in the Jonathan Weil article I cited.
    Cash is nice, but they're not distributing it as dividends, so it's just sitting there, earning not a whole lot. Good thing to have in a stuttering economy like the one we had last year, but if the rally in Jan is correct, this year is going to be a lot better, and companies with lots of cash are going to look not so hot. Combine that with some "aggressive" accounting, and, well, not really as hot as it looks.
    For now of course they do have that nice usability edge, but one has to assume that sooner or later someone at Android figures out they're selling phones, not computers, and rebooting the damn thing every time you get a call is not the ticket to greater sales. Apple might be in trouble when that happens.

#73     Feb 27, 2012
  4. ahh the analysts are falling into line now
    :D

7:32 AM Apple (AAPL) gets another $1K price target, this time from the "ax" on the stock, Gene Munster, who lifts his official target from $718 to $910, but says it could reach $1K in 2014.

#74     Apr 3, 2012