Will AAPL Be the First Tirllion Dollar Company?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Cdntrader, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Don't use it as it doesn't handle FLAC. I don't think I've ever opened it on my iPhone. More importantly, iOS doesn't have Flash, wtf is with that?

On many levels I despise the apple culture and I am no fanboy. $80 magnetic AC adapters that fail if you look at them. They're very fond of proprietary connectors. And all the BS that developers have to go through to sell something through official channels.

But the stuff just works. I don't want to fck around with hacks on my Galaxy II to make the thing sound better than an AM radio. The android market app looks like my 8yo coded it. The IP4S is the best MP3/lossless player I've ever had and it has LINE OUT! Many excellent trading, maths and audio apps so it fits my interests far better.

#51     Feb 27, 2012
  2. GTS

GTS

Wow, you sure are emotionally involved for someone that isn't an Apple fanboy.

iPhone came out first but Android is winning - plain and simple. Deal with it.

#52     Feb 27, 2012
  3. If you weren't married to your opinion that defies logic I'd ask htf your arrive at "domination" or even "winning". So they stopped dominating in the last two hours? A 4G handset can't beat a 3G and they're somehow winning? Android on every carrier yet iOS was limited to ATT until last year? Dominating?

Your qualifiers are becoming less emphatic.

#53     Feb 27, 2012
  4. GTS

GTS

Hilarious with all the excuses and backpedaling to explain why Android is the leader.

Not my fault you couldn't read the graphs and/or made false assumptions.

The data is what it is. Your constant ad hominem attacks just shows the weakness of your arguments.

#54     Feb 27, 2012
  5. GTS, he's saying the android lot is artificially higher because iPhone was only available to ATT for most of the last 5 years. It will overtake android very quickly. Android at 25%, iPhone at 50%. Put it out 3 years and it is a certainty since it will be available at all major carriers which skews the results of the android toward current users without regard to market share gains from the increasing availability.

#55     Feb 27, 2012
  6. I am accusing you of backpedaling. The data doesn't support your conclusions. You provide pre and post IP4S data as though their somehow correlated. In reality, your own post shows android leading by 300bp... with apple shipping a 3G against a 4G product.

You made an assumption that the numbers were relevant. Apparently you needed someone to point-out the irrelevance. Here's another clue... sales and subs are better than 95% correlated even when supplied from multiple sources, so the 29% figure was obviously stale data.

Next time pull your head out of your ass and post relevant data sets.

numbnut.

#56     Feb 27, 2012
  7. IP5 will push Apple's market share beyond 50%.

#57     Feb 27, 2012
  8. +1, that's exactly how i feel. lol atticus you going back to iphone too? remember when you first switched to android you were pretty happy.

I switched from iphone to android mainly due to 4g & better hardware at the time. But the android os is sh*t, cant wait until i can get back to ios. I am sure there are some slashdot nerds who have an organism everytime they hacked some emulator on the android, but for everyday people like me, i just want this thing to work and download apps to play with, and ios is still light years ahead, it's not that difficult to understand since they only have 1 hardware to deal with.

People dont realize it's NOT the hardware, they are easily replaceable and many phones like those from samsung have superior hardware. But the key to apple is its software ecosystem, the ios integration, usability, the apps, and developer community. That's not easy to replace, look at windows, an ancient os from the 90s with little innovation and still the dominate system.

To argue android is dominate over ios is beyond stupid.

#58     Feb 27, 2012
  9. GTS

GTS

Apparently you can't even comprehend the difference between quarterly sales and total subscribers

The only conclusion I made was that Android was outselling iPhone, you have made a lot of excuses why that is the case but you have not refuted it.

#59     Feb 27, 2012
  10. +1. I did the same. AMOLED, tethering (w/o hacks) and Flash for FT poker. I did well on the FTP Rush Poker so it wasn't a complete waste of time.

I went from a 3GS to a Samsung GI Captivate. AWESOME hardware. Incredibly thin, replaceable battery, etc. Completely wasted on that dogshit OS that froze daily. Multitask doesn't enter into the equation when you have to reboot the fcker every few hours. Thrilled with the hardware and utterly disappointed with the OS and apps.

Yeah, I've got a 4 and 4S now and a Galaxy II. I actually prefer the AMOLED screen on the GII, but I don't like the OS. There is an edge on multitasking, but I fail to see the point when you can't have multiple screens open on a smartphone. I never carry the GII and will sell it on craigs. I'd give it to my 8yo but he wants nothing to do with it. The GI had a Wolfson DAC chip and had decent SQ, but Samsung nutted the DAC and limited the output. You can't drive any over-ear headphones. The GII is much much worse on SQ.

I've never denied that android has an edge on hardware and 4G, as it's central to my argument that android *should* be far more entrenched with the 4G and carrier lead. Android should be 2000bp ahead in share and it's remarkable that they're essentially neck and neck.

#60     Feb 27, 2012