Will AAPL Be the First Tirllion Dollar Company?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Cdntrader, Feb 24, 2012.

1. GTS

GTS

Can you elaborate? They aren't from the same source and aren't showing the same thing - one is showing sales of devices and the other is showing total subscribers.

#41     Feb 27, 2012
  2. Flanco

Flanco

I use TeamViewer app on a daily basis.

#42     Feb 27, 2012
  3. The end-points in the two do not match. Pretty pointless to show Dec data on sales and Nov data on subs (pre- IP4S). It's comical to consider android as leading when there are literally dozens of phones and only two IP products.

#43     Feb 27, 2012
  4. GTS

GTS

That is the latest data I could find in 30 seconds with google, sorry if you didn't like it. It is to show the trend which is the Android dominates over iOS consistently and to refute Bo's post that everyone in the world is buying iPhones.

Uh ok. Its a comparison of the two platforms. I guess you would be amused by comparing Windows users to Mac Users as well since there are literally dozens of PC manufacturers who sell Windows PC but only Apple makes Mac OS products. The comparison is completely valid.

#44     Feb 27, 2012
  5. Why post erroneous data sets? Stupidity?

#45     Feb 27, 2012
  6. GTS

GTS

I haven't seen any proof the data is erroneous. Please feel free to post the correct data.

#46     Feb 27, 2012
  7. bwo notwithstanding, my experience is with both systems, and iOS is superior in my view. Android had all kinds of little hiccups, and then died at the end and refused to resurrect when the battery went to 5% - because the Android OS is trying to run everything in the background, as if it were a Windows computer or something.
    The iphone, OTOH, just plain works, no hiccups. It runs one thing at a time, so that if I switch between apps it isn't trying to run the other in the background, which puts way less strain on the battery. I'm recharging much less, and pay very little attention to the phone, whereas with the Android I was constantly having to baby it.
    Apps on the iphone are somewhat superior as well, although it's true there isn't enough diff to make that a compelling reason. The convenience of having a device I don't have to think about is.
    Thing is, what Apple has now is that once you do make the iphone your choice you wind up looking at everything else they do differently as well, the result of which for me is that I wound up replacing my Windows laptop with a Macbook. No regrets about that either.
    But the stock isn't cheap, as Jonathan Weil pointed out in that article I cited earlier. It may or may not be worth it, but it's not cheap.

#47     Feb 27, 2012
  8. When you take the cash out it has a p/e of 11. How are you valuing it?

#48     Feb 27, 2012
  9. Sure, right away!

We can only assume you were attempting to correlate the data, yet you provide pre and post IP4S numbers which is nonsense. Of course people were waiting for the release to replace their IP3, 3S and 4. In reality, the sales and sub figures are normally within 300bp, barring an imminent product launch.

So that leaves the 43% share vs 46% for android. A 3G handset vs. (many) 4G and the best google can do with 4G handsets is a beat by 300bp?

That's your argument for android "domination"? You're joking, right?

#49     Feb 27, 2012
  10. Android doesn't have iTunes, and the only similarility to its apps are that there are apps.

#50     Feb 27, 2012