Will AAPL Be the First Tirllion Dollar Company?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Cdntrader, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Apple’s Stock May Not Be as Cheap as It Looks: Jonathan Weil

#21     Feb 26, 2012
  2. Maybe a certain group of investors feel their growth is unsustainable in the long-term.

The history of cell phone companies is replete with examples of rise and falls. In the early days, Ericsson and Nokia were popular. Motorola had a little run, then the Blackberry craze took over and was known as Crackberry. Is it too far of a stretch to think iphones won't be as popular several years from now? Competitors will surely come out with similar features at a lower price (Samsung and HTC), thus commoditizing Apple's premium pricing. At a certain point the iphone/ipad will hit the law of diminishing returns. However, for now it's a mo-mo favorite.

#22     Feb 26, 2012
  3. Flanco

Flanco

It's more than that with Apple users! It's almost like a cult following and it goes way beyond the Iphone

#23     Feb 26, 2012
  4. Every other phone is a joke, and not as much of a must-have utility when you combine the apps, iTunes, and informational usefulness. It isn't just a phone company because there's way more infrastructure behind it than anything other companies are offering. The app store alone is filled with apps that I would say are ingeniuous, and not available on other phones because they don't have partnerships with other device makers.

#24     Feb 26, 2012
  5. I'm amazed people will pay $50-70 a month for a smartphone to text and do other worthless crap and yet complain that gas prices are too high. Also they'll buy an $800 ipad yet complain that prescription drugs are too high.

Bizarre world.

#25     Feb 26, 2012
  6. DT-waw

DT-waw

its much worse than that.
    people buy 15x overpriced coffees at Starbucks.
    don't complain about 18 trillion dollars stolen by the private reserve bank (not federal...)
    complain about high drug prices, yet sunshine is way more effective, without side effects and free.

Apple products might be 3x overpriced, but who cares. there is too much money, too much goods, too much production capacity in the world.
    oh, and did i forget too much real estate and too much energy?

there is huge abundance of everything in the world and universe.
    to sell something at a high price, you have to use clever tricks...
    it was always that way.

#26     Feb 26, 2012
  7. Flanco

Flanco

You haven't seen anything yet!!

#27     Feb 26, 2012

8. A tall Starbucks coffee is about $2.00 including tip, were do you get the $0.15 coffee?

#28     Feb 26, 2012
  9. I don't really see what starbucks has to do with anything.

Apple's iPhone doesn't seem extravagantly priced, having paid $400 once for a Palm Treo unlocked, and $300 for a Blackberry pos. The $440 I paid for a 32gb iPhone4 is a real bargain compared to how pathetically unuseful those other phones were.

Also remember the Samsung Blackjack I had which I never synched to windows. The iTunes product is more than enough reason to buy all of their media devices.

#29     Feb 26, 2012
  10. #30     Feb 26, 2012