Wikileaks Thread

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by benwm, Dec 3, 2010.

1. what are the chances that the encryption key has already been sold to a few nations that really wanted it ahead of time? Wikileaks has to pay for hosting and maintaining the site, for sifting through the secret documents, layer fee, etc.

#41     Dec 6, 2010
  2. #42     Dec 6, 2010
  3. Assange has minimal overhead operating Wikileaks except for his need of Millions for his legal defense.

Wikileaks uses volunteers and hosting is less that 1K a month. His cost model is even more efficient than the 9/11 terrorist alleged $200k.

So this $25k journalistic exercise will cost the US hundreds of millions in technology, internal investigations, lawyers etc. and millions of man hours of labor.

I'm not knocking wikileaks... if he was smart he would transfer wikileaks into a trust and make his top 5 news partners trustees. He's got some balls standing alone with a big target on his head.

#43     Dec 6, 2010
  4. Huge ego, he is suppose to be extermely arrogant. but that is his personal issue. I am also not knocking wikileaks. Transparency is the new model, governments better get used to it.

#44     Dec 6, 2010
  5. It wouldn't have mattered to George Washington of the Founding Father - they'd have tarred and feathered him and killed him dead.

#45     Dec 6, 2010
  6. Was Washington not a British subject committing treason?

#46     Dec 6, 2010
  7. The British thought so.

Washington didn't.

They were both right.

#47     Dec 6, 2010
  8. I have no problem with Wikileaks as long as they do not publish list of names, strategic targets, or true National Security issues.

So far, I see no "Threat" created by Wikileaks. It is embarrising for the US GOV. However, they US GOV main practice now, is to lie to the American People. Of course the GOV has always lied. Now they lie about Fucking everything because they believe the American people to be stupid.

Well, most American's are stupid but there are enough out there starting to wake up.

So, I say Transparentcy for Wallstreet, Transparency for GOV. Period. I support Wikileaks so far.

Lets see where the "See something, Tell someone" Nazi Campaign from HDS and big Sis lead us to.

#48     Dec 6, 2010
  9. Picaso

Picaso

10. there is a good chance Assange will end up in jail for several years. it makes sense for him to plan his financial future now by selling the code while it is still worth something (a lot?)

#50     Dec 6, 2010