WiFi Adapter

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DallasCowboysFan, Sep 28, 2019.

1. maxinger

maxinger

You are using a very old and slow system.
    wifi adaptor is more or less obsolete.

#11     Sep 30, 2019
  2. True, but the adapter is better than my wifi card. My card is BGN, the adapter has AC. I can already see the difference in loading speed. It's only a travel laptop.

#12     Sep 30, 2019
  3. Yes, I guess there are a lot of elements involved in getting wifi to our homes.
    There is more interaction involved than sending electricity to the home.

But, it still seems unfair that the providers make us pay for 50GB or 100GB and then deliver 20, look us straight in the eye and tell us the network is busy. There should be a metering device that regulates what is being sent to us and what we are paying for. And if the contracted service is not maintained 95% or 98% of the time, we should get a discounted price based on the amount of time they failed to deliver the agreed upon speed and how far they are from the goal.

#13     Sep 30, 2019
  4. I have the impression that you mix up two things. (1) The speed that your ISP promises to deliver to your router at your premises and (2) the speed on your local wifi network inside your house.
    You seem to be complaining about the first one, by looking at how the second one performs.

#14     Sep 30, 2019
    DallasCowboysFan likes this.
  5. Keep us updated. Hae you found the solution?

#15     Nov 17, 2022
  6. grabien

grabien

The best option in my opinion is to contact your provider and see if he has some solutions.
    We are with breezeline for example and in the situation like that had a chat with their customer service here , they where able to solve everything only in two days. Hope it helps.

#16     Nov 17, 2022
    nencykohl likes this.