wierd navigation problem

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by JPB, Apr 12, 2002.

1. JPB

JPB

Baron,
    When I go to some of the threads from the forums page, it loads for a second, and then immediately goes back to the forums page. It doesn't happen on every thread. It does for sure on Hitman's and a few others.
    Is it just me?

Johnny

2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

One other person has mentioned this problem. I'm having trouble trying to duplicate it though. What operating system and web browser are you using?

Is this something that happens randomly or does it always happen on certain threads?

3. trdrmac

trdrmac

I have noticed this since about Friday? It is on random threads.

I am running Win 98 with IE, the older version 5 something I think.

Thanks

4. JPB

JPB

I'm using Explorer 5 and Windows NT sp6.

-Johnny

5. JPB

JPB

It's still acting strange. It seems to be every thread in the trading forum, which also is every page with the animated Tradestation ad. It might have something to do with the way the ad replays. Just a thought.

-Johnny

6. new member so of course I thought it was me. Win 98 and IE5. Happens randomly, obviously, since I'm on this thread.

7. When I am in the trading thread, the top half of the screen's background turns to black sometimes, and if I scroll up and down the writing gets all jumbled up. Only started happening a few days again, and only in the trading threads.

8. tom_p

tom_p

Likewise.

9. Baron

Baron ET Founder

The TradeStation ads (the ones in the trading forum) are done in flash instead of a standard file format like GIF or JPG. I'm pretty confident that the flash format (or something related to it) is where the problem is most likely coming from. Thanks for the feedback. I'll look into this further.

10. The black problem happens on one of my computers with IE 5, but not on the other with IE6 (and presumably a newer version of Flash).

#10     Apr 19, 2002