Widescreen or not?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kastro_316, May 5, 2006.

1. http://www.necdisplay.com/products/90Series/index.htm

These are a few dollars more, BUT, if you are going to sit in front of a screen all day and shoot live bullets with the worlds greatest trading minds you want a screen that you can set for your eyes. These screens are well used with top flight trading desks and pros.
    Check out the features, not just the price.

These are REALLY great screens, for trading and for anything else. Enjoy......................:)

#31     May 7, 2006
  2. Chagi

Chagi

Could be - they sure have been plunging in price.

#32     May 8, 2006

3. I always love lots of verticle height with my stock charts. It makes it so much easier to see the bottom indicator windows. I don't like my Stochastic, TSV, MACD, RS and BOP flattened out like a pancake. A 21" widescreen has a viewing screen of 11" tall. A 19" normal ratio screen is 11 3/4" tall (both monitors HP).

One of my trading software systems is TC2005. The name of the Company above the chart and info about the Company is, unfortunately, stacked up and down instead of side to side. There is also the customary 3 rows of "tool bars" at the top of the program window. This "stacking" flattens the stock chart itself so I am constantly zooming in and out. My current Monitor is a 17" CRT. By switching to a 19" LCD I will gain 2 1/4" is screen height and 2" in width.

I like the idea of widescreens but they are just too short in height. It seems most top pro traders use normal ratio screens. I'm going that route myself when I buy a new system later this week.

-1bigsteve (o:

#33     Jul 26, 2006
  4. mfhboy

mfhboy

I vote for widescreen. I just got a Dell 6400 running 1680x1050 on a 15.4" screen. To my suprise, nothing is too small and the smaller pixel look ultra sharp actually. I dont need external LCD and I just like this mini 20" LCD in a 15.4" notebook. Perfect for travelling traders!

If you use multi-LCD/CRT, it really doesn't matter to go widescreen or not, because the combination is always a super wide screen. But for ppl who like to stick with just one screen, widescreen is the way to go ^^

#34     Jul 27, 2006