Wide or regular monitor? what size? how many?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by anituchka, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Those two mentioned above have 1 year warranty. Hans G has 3 years, which makes it a much better deal.

#21     Jun 11, 2010
  2. bighog

bighog Guest

if you really want STANDARD aspect ratio (square) screens they are out there. NEC has a couple different ones, Samsung has a couple.

Personally i much prefer the standard aspect ones because they do not spread across your desk like some FAT chick.

The last 2 19" ones i bought because i flat did not want WWWWIIIDDDDEEEE ones that required moving head from right to left all day were Samsung 943 BK standard aspect. Should have bought 4 in case the standards actually due get taken away.

Have 2 other 17.4" and 6 small 15" ones. Own a single widescreen for web browsing and dislike it. Heck the 15" screens are fine for a single chart, but not as the regular screen to view all day.

Like chicks, give me the lean and mean ones, you can have the widebodies. :D

PS: lately just have 3 screens in use, the 2 19" and 1 15" one.

#22     Jun 11, 2010
  3. fhl

fhl

can't you use widescreens in portrait mode?

#23     Jun 12, 2010
  4. #24     Jun 12, 2010
  5. BBgun

BBgun

if you are looking intra-day breakout/breakdown setups, you will need 3-4 wide screens

#1 at lower left: SP500 E-mini future and Nasdaq 100, 5 min and 1 min charts and level 2 plus tape.

#2 at lower right: 3 to 4 stock's level2 and tape, with blogger on top

#3 and #4 on top, 6 to 8 stock's 5 min chart on each screen in order for you to discover the breakout setup. ( You will be watching 16 stocks, So you will less likely to miss a good setup)

and better with an assistant watching another 2 for you.

^^

#25     Jun 12, 2010
  6. Some yes, some no. If the stand allows rotation, then yes. Should be highlighted as a feature. Cheaper monitors often not.

#26     Jun 12, 2010