Why you should learn to code

Discussion in 'App Development' started by kandlekid, Jun 11, 2019.

1. SteveH

SteveH

To all living in the US:

Many public libraries across the country have signed up to allow their members (i.e, you have a library card) FREE ACCESS to lynda.com. Lots (1,000's) of programming vids, etc. there. Go to your public library's website or call them and ask. If they do, then you go through their http access point to Lynda, use your library card number and password to login.

You'll be able to watch the tutorials on your PC through a web browser and Lynda also has apps for access through your phone (Android/iPhone), iPad, and Roku for your TV.

#81     Jan 20, 2020
    qlai likes this.
  2. ironchef

ironchef

I attended free courses on Coursera to learn how to program VBA and MATLAB. I am going to learn Python next.

#82     Jan 20, 2020
  3. wave

wave

Because it teaches you how to solve problems logically by applying computational thinking.

"You will continue to suffer if you have an emotional reaction to everything that is said to you. True power is sitting back and observing everything with logic. If words control you that means everyone else can control you. Breathe and allow things to pass." Bruce Lee

#83     Jan 21, 2020
    themickey likes this.
  4. ionone

ionone

also programming allows you to test a strategy on a lot of past data. if you do this manually, this is quite a lot of work. And how do you know the strategy doesn't work only on the period you tested it on ? it has to be profitable for years before you can know something about it. If you backtest one year, even in an accelerated way, it takes a lot of time...

#84     May 4, 2020