Why You Should Go Short Tomorrow

Discussion in 'Trading' started by cszulc, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Jaques

Jaques

Yes,I believe so and hope so,the current situation is definitely unfavorable to short-seller.I almost lose my money,because I short certain stocks on end of December,while there was a big drop afterward,but also a horrible bounce followed.

Well,if nothing much improve,I think I would admit my wrong judgement.

#21     Jan 24, 2008
  2. nkhoi

nkhoi

minimum .25 or full 1 point to show he is serious. :)

#22     Jan 24, 2008
  3. Excellent post.

They will never stop predicting and posting though. Its what they do. They like to hear each other bounce crappy ill informed ideas off of each other to backup their own ill concieved notions about what they think will happen in the near future

Just a whole lot of young kids throwing caution to the wind....

#23     Jan 24, 2008
  4. LOL,

To tell me that a "trader" has no idea or thought as to where the market will head, or does not have any "Predictions" as to what will happ'n is assnine.

Any real trader uses "pivots" resistance, all kinds of chart data at all kinds of time horizons as well as believes in a direction and thus trades in what he sees.

Of course, a "Real Trader" will be able to admit that the idea (prediction) is wrong and reverse, cover, sell..... take the next step to re-enter (trade both sides.)

To post that a "trader" does not predict but just "trades" the market leads me to believe johnny sheeople is posting.

Daytraders have predictions as well, all be it short term and ever changing.

Most daytraders are net neg. in their P&L by years end. Why? The comish, eats their wins away.
    Day traders should be on the floor getting .40 cents per side in futures. Equities your fucked in comish anyway and options, you can pull it off even with 2 dollar comish. LEVERAGE!

#24     Jan 24, 2008
  5. S2007S

S2007S

most I see them moving next week is .25, if they do .50 look out....as quick as they are dropping the rates they will raise them.....

#25     Jan 25, 2008
  6. dbs119

dbs119

#26     Jan 25, 2008
  7. A real trader can trade long or short at any given moment and does not really give a rat's ass which way the river is flowing as long as he is in the boat.------->>>> It's just this simple!!!

#27     Jan 25, 2008
  8. S2007S

S2007S

Dont see this market running up again after it dropped like it did in Feb 2007 and August 2007, the bottom is not yet in, I would not be surprised to see the dow back below 12k very soon.

#28     Jan 25, 2008
  9. Mvic

Mvic

There are many ways to make money in the market. Personally I find it helpful to try and figure out where we are in a the conomic cycle. These positions that you build over a period of weeks and sometimes months and you stay in and manage for months are the ones that in my experience yeild above average returns. Without some theory as to where we are in the economic cycle that is not yet substantially reflected in price there is no other basis upon with to make such trades. All this predict react stuff is nonsense from one trader's methods to the next. I have great respect for anyone who is consistently profitable no matter how they do it and am always interested to see how they do it even if it doesn't mesh with my own methods (which have obviously not remained static over the course of my trading career). Expanding one's horizons is generally a good thing, in life and in trading. It can result in either confirmation or enlightenment.

#29     Jan 25, 2008
  10. S2007S

S2007S

was listening to fast money last night and one of them mentioned, (new guy that comes on the show every now and then) mentioned that he sees the markets going up until the end of JAN so that hedge funds can show better results on their returns, said that hedge funds would be pushing the markets higher.....

:p :p :p :p

#30     Jan 25, 2008