Why You Should Be Wary Of "the Secret!"

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by andrasnm, Mar 3, 2007.

1. You got me I was typing fast and made a typo. I guess Thor and his karma hammer finally got me.

But... you say that I got nothing but it is obvious that you can't deliver on the goods you promise.

The funny thing is you could have just said 'my beliefs are legit I'm just not powerful or disciplined enough yet to do that' but you didn't.

You didn't because deep down you know you should have that power according to your religion but you know you don't.

#31     Mar 3, 2007
  2. Score

Score

I never said I was going to place a star on your doorstep, thats your misinterpretation of what I said

I only claimed to be able to tell you the structure of reality

something science is still floundering to do

#32     Mar 3, 2007
  3. [​IMG]

#33     Mar 3, 2007
  4. Between the "new age, secret believers" and the "old age, religious nutters" I have never seen so much crap on ET in one day.

For fuck's sakes guys, this is complete rubbish. Stories about Cadillacs in garages. People who believe they'll get a Caddy by wishing for it. Dream on.

This is just like lotteries ... it's a tax on the stupid.

Next thing you'll be telling us the world is flat and evolution isn't the way it happened. Reality Rules !!!

#34     Mar 3, 2007
  5. Score

Score

When you stop humping the sheep we'll take you seriously

#35     Mar 3, 2007
  6. Gottschalk,
    You are pissing on everybodies posts without telling us what if anything do you believe in?
    OK here is my last word to you to show you why this thing really works.
    "READ THIS... available online for free but I suggest a real book if possible....."
    [​IMG]

By 1933 The Master Key System had sold over 200,000 copies and then seemingly disappeared. The Master Key System is one of the finest studies in self-improvement, mind-stuff, and higher consciousness ever written. Covering everything from how to get wealthy to how to get healthy, Mr. Haanel leaves no stone unturned. With precision, he elucidates on each topic with logic and rigor that not only leaves you feeling good, but also thinking good. The book was banned by the Church in 1933 and has been hidden away for seventy years! Rumor has it that while he was attending Harvard University, Bill Gates discovered and read The Master Key System by Charles F. Haanel. It was this book that inspired Bill Gates to drop out of the University and pursue his dream of "a computer on every desktop." You probably know the results. . .

Product Details:

http://www.lulu.com/content/660486

#36     Mar 3, 2007
  7. Score

Score

Great book andrasnm, I reckon Think and grow rich just pips it, but both brilliant

#37     Mar 3, 2007
  8. Since the book is no longer under copyright, I've taken the liberty to post a copy here for the benefit of the members.

A note to the Mods: Please feel free to delete this post if it is in violation of rules.

#38     Mar 3, 2007
  9. fhl

fhl

I think this is a good example of just what most preachers are talking about. The old "my science is real science and yours is pseudo" from the atheist crowd. I guess next you'll be saying that the preacher is funded by Exxon-mobil.

#39     Mar 3, 2007
  10. There is no hope for people that cannot see the difference between science and pseudoscience between reason and irrationalism.

Atheism is not supported by science anymore than theism is. What part of we don't know and it not possible to know, from a scientific viewpoint, do you not understand?

#40     Mar 3, 2007