Why You Should Be Wary Of "the Secret!"

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by andrasnm, Mar 3, 2007.

1. Uh... why should my mind have to be trained so that you can use your mind powers?

Use your mind powers to put a star on my front door and I will believe you.

Simple.

Or is all this stuff really just a bunch of mumbo-jumbo placebo self-delusion?

#21     Mar 3, 2007
  2. Score

Score

Why?

Because your own scientists tell you that you only use about 10% of your brains potential

And you neatly side stepped the analogy of a consensus among scientists and their experiments... if you accept that method then you must accept the same consensus of results among masters.. it is verifiable and provable if you do the work of training your mind which is no different to a scientist studying and training his mind for years in university to be able to perceive and perform the scientific method

#22     Mar 3, 2007
  3. I side stepped something that was totally illogical. Mind masters agree that mind mastery is possible, uh ok. Guess what Christian monks after years of meditation agree that Christianity is legit. Buddhist monks after years of meditation agree that Buddhism rocks...

You have neatly side stepped the simplest way to prove that what you are saying is true.

Also the idea that we only use 10% of our brains is also a myth:

http://www.snopes.com/science/stats/10percnt.htm

Man I have just been busting myths like no body's business today.

#23     Mar 3, 2007
  4. Score

Score

If I questioned a scientists results he would tell me to train my mind (study science) and perform the experiment myself to verify it

I merely asked you to do the same

#24     Mar 3, 2007
  5. It isn't possible to prove that something isn't so.

I can't prove that the mythical powers you describe aren't real not because they are real simply because you can't prove something doesn't exist.

Why would I have to train my mind when you can simply prove that your mind works by doing a simple thing?

#25     Mar 3, 2007
  6. Score

Score

Wow snopes.com.... who is the gullible one now?... is he your guru?

#26     Mar 3, 2007
  7. I picked a site with a concise yet accurate presentation. There are plenty of more sources that you can look up yourself that destroy this 10% of your brain bollocks.

But what does any of this matter?

Why do you ignore the simple test that can be performed to prove you are right. It should be a simple feet for a mind master like you? So why don't you do it?

The simple answer is you can't; that's why.

#27     Mar 3, 2007
  8. Score

Score

I've explained the structure of reality

The best you've got is:

Oh the scientists don't know, boo hoo

pfft... what a cop out

#28     Mar 3, 2007
  9. You are the one copping out.

Why can't you just put a star on my door with your mind mastery?

Why?

#29     Mar 3, 2007
  10. Score

Score

You got nothing

and ps it's feat... not feet :)

#30     Mar 3, 2007