Why You Should Be Wary Of "the Secret!"

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by andrasnm, Mar 3, 2007.

1. Score

Score

It is a common statement among scientsts that the universe looks to be a giant thought, hey they are your scientists, dont bitch to me about them

And where is your evidence to the contrary?

Schrodingers cat got your tongue?

#11     Mar 3, 2007
  2. #12     Mar 3, 2007
  3. WD40

WD40

4. Score

Score

Think of what religion calls god as existence, there is nothing else, so fundamentally all is one and the same substance

Now think of existence as mind, ie: there is nothing but mind

The universe and the structure of what we call reality is therefore the stream of consciousness within that mind

Now invariably the big questions comes up, what is it all about? why are we here? what is the purpose of the universe?

The universe is that one mind's developing awareness, you can see it in ourselves and humanity as a whole, the purpose of existence is to develop awareness and we are the living units of that process along with everything else we perceive as physical

#14     Mar 3, 2007
  5. These are nice theories and I am not saying I agree or disagree with them from a religious point of view but scientifically this shit is not proven and may never be able to be proven so stop peddling your dogma like it's fact.

The honest answer about life is we don't know. We don't know if there is a God or not. We don't know if there is life after death. Honesty, refreshing!

If there is a God or higher power I think they will appreciate us looking for the truth. Only those who believe in an unscrutinizable dogma oppose scientific and rational inquiry. Any true God wouldn't mind because he would know that the pursuit of truth would lead to him.

Think about that the next time your guru or preacher attacks science or uses pseudoscience to undo real science.

#15     Mar 3, 2007
  6. Score

Score

They are not theories... only science provides theories which constantly change with every "new" discovery... these are facts that can be verified by personal and direct experience if you wish to train your mind, every master of the mind has come to the same conclusions about the structure of reality... quantum mechanics is in it's infancy but already it is starting to see the light... pardon the pun

And my only guru is my mind

#16     Mar 3, 2007
  7. If you truly are a master and I am the disciple then surely you are the truth. You won't mind if a pursue the truth which in the end is you do you?

Well then let's see your miraculous mind powers put to use. Whip me up some gold bars on my doorstep then I will know what you say is true and I will follow you to the ends of the earth.

#17     Mar 3, 2007
  8. Score

Score

Hah master... good one, my wife would enjoy that

#18     Mar 3, 2007
  9. Does your universe preclude you from providing me with the evidences that would persuade me?

#19     Mar 3, 2007
  10. Score

Score

No not at all, the only pre-requisite is that you train your mind to perceive it, ie: meditation

After all the proof of the pudding is in the eating, not someone else telling you how delicious it is

However failing that, as I said every master of the mind has come to the same conclusions after years of meditation

So if all scientists after performing the same experiment got the same result we would certainly accept their consensus ... same thing

#20     Mar 3, 2007