Why xTrader is the best trading platform for emini trading

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by jearnest, Mar 22, 2004.

1. I must say that I am at a loss as to why you spend so much time researching who has the best rates on electronic futures, or what are the pluses/minuses of each trading platform. It really shouldn't take as much time as you have been taking, especially when you are from a middle-eastern country and your time would be much better off served finding out which broker/dealer would be best suited for allowing you to open up an account with them, given the Patriot Act and Anti-Money Laundering Act that you have found to be so restrictive in the past from allowing you to open up an account.

I noticed that you have been commenting on commissions and broker/dealer deals here on ET for month after month after month. Why not just make a choice and be committed to it, then report back to us your real-time trading and broker experience rather than just a lot of "speculation".

Seriously, your running dialogue on all of this is getting a bit long in the tooth, as we say over here in America.

I sincerely wish you the best in your trading endeavors.
    All the Best!

Waggie :)

#21     Mar 26, 2004
  2. Because i don't find it intersting to be trading unless my
    strategy is successfull. Presently i have huge saving & other
    source of income and don't need to trade for income, but
    willing spend more time to learn instead of rushing to trade.

I had lost huge sum of money when i begin trading, but
    today i am much more seasoned trader and like to give
    myself a break somtimes.

check out my first post on ET:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9724

I used to scalp trade stocks with $320K BP in my account
    when i just started out and didn't know nothing on how
    market worked.

Because i can have large account for trading, It does make
    lot of differnet on what i pay as commision and having best
    plateform out there . The Difference can be a Toyota Lexus
    car every year on what i pay on commision more or less.

#22     Mar 27, 2004
  3. Ok, so you have a nice big chunk of money at your disposal to open a trading account with. But I seriously question why you believe that you will be trading 500 electronics futures contracts per month right from the start when you have never, ever traded these contracts before. Aren't you getting way ahead of yourself here? Wouldn't it be much more prudent to open up an account first and see if you are successful at trading the ES, NQ, or ZB first?

In fact, you could have opened an account at REFCO awhile back ago and already come to a conclusion by now as to whether or not they were suitable for your trading needs. Instead, you continue to talk and talk and talk about who has the best commission deal, platform, connectivity, speed of execution, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH and yet you have never even traded these contracts before.

Again, given your Iranian citizenship and your Asian ancestory wouldn't the better question be "Can I Open An Account Here" FIRST in lieu of all of the Anti-Money Laundering Act restrictions and broker/dealer issues that you have already come up against?

I really think that you are way ahead of yourself here.
    Either that, or you really aren't seriously interested in trading these contracts at all.

#23     Mar 27, 2004
  4. -I am not willing to fund my account with more than $5K.
    I have been on sideline and educating myself, watching
    market everyday & paper traded somtimes after stopping
    trading ETFs last two monthes. $5k isn't 2% of my capital.
    If successfull for few consecative monthes, than i hit it with
    more size.

-Sure, i already have equity trading account with three large
    firms, and 90% of future firms out there have accepted me,
    except for few firms due to their internal strict policy toward
    foriegn accounts.
    Just look at Daytrade4less.com, a primier clearing firm them
    self. They advertise Farsi language for Iranian customers.
    Do you trust me now?

-I have traded QQQ and SPY which is exactly makes same
    point basis move to NQ and ES. Meantime QQQ and SPY
    has less liquidity compare to NQ and ES which means more
    slipage. Secondly I have been paying "three times" more
    commision than what i am going to pay now. That's why
    many traders move from ETFs to future trading.

-Moving from Amex ETFs to CME e-mini isn't exactly like trading
    a new market. Except for different rules and terminologies.
    It isn't like moving from futures or stocks to forex market.

-Are you saying that trading 500 contracts combined for four
    markets (Cme, Cbot, Liffe, and Eurox) at different time interval
    during one day is a lot for me (equals to around 400k shares
    of QQQ) well, i think this volume is nothing.

-I am not obligated to any certain amount of contracts. I can
    do one round turn a day, and that's when market suddenly
    changes it's rythem only. :p

well, I am sure i'm much less knowledgeable than you. why
    don't you give me few tips privatly or recommand few
    great reading that can revolutionize my trading life :D :D
    Are you intersted in return, for some sexy looking thai chicks

#24     Mar 27, 2004
  5. If you are not willing to fund your account with more than $5,000 than I think that you are not serious about trading futures.

Again, your on-going dialogue about who has the best commission deal, best trading platform, connectivity, service, etc., is a complete waste of time.

It's almost April now and you have been talking about opening a futures account ( from what I have read in your postings here on ET ) since September of last year!

Personally, I don't believe that you trade much at all and just like appearing on ET and asking the same questions over and over again . . . month after month after month.

Your logic escapes me, as I am sure it escapes many here on ET.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Nana Trader
    Elite Member

09-27-03 01:13 PM

Which futures plateform are among the best that can
    be traded for most international future exchanges and that comes with charting?

#25     Mar 28, 2004
  6. In fact i am doing it in very professional manner starting
    with just $5K. I think your logic realy sucks and not mine.
    xxxx your logic, Prick

I have been trading ETFs until recently, You can PM
    Xoom Trade if you have problem with that. Btw don't
    know if that's any of your concern?

I don't know what you are realy up to? But Who cares
    what who says. Thanks

#26     Mar 28, 2004
  7. I use X-trader. Simply put it is the best. I haven't tried all of the other platforms, but x-trader works flawlessly all of the time. Yes it costs more if you don't do really high volume, but if you want a premium trouble free platform- X trader is it.

#27     Mar 28, 2004
  8. Blotto

Blotto

In view of the several bugs and TT advisories over the last year I wonder if X_Trader is as stable as it used to be. It is still quite fast, however TT issues have cost me enough this year to make it worth going elsewhere. IB TWS appears to be rock solid stable so far.

TT support are great, however I don't wish to get to know them regularly.

I'm frankly surprised at the bugs in the latest 7.8.1.1 given how much volume is done on TT. They should be making enough from their patent licensing and software subscriptions to run a decent development model.

#28     Sep 1, 2010
  9. andy4

andy4

Hi,
    just asking not looking for a fight ,lol.

I've looked at X Trader and admit not looking at high volume, but why is X Trader better than Ninja with TT Feed.

Also because you have to pay "x" amount for different exchanges, that seems to push the price to a lot of RT's to make that back. Admit I pay about $0.30 a RT more than X Trader using Ninja, but don't pay the $650 etc. I'm only need access to a second exchange incase the one I'm trading goes down I'll take the opposite side in a different market (won't be exact but close and covered in case the exchange comes back on line with a gap)

I like the DOM and also chart orders on Ninja, what charting do you use with X Trader ?

Again this is just for discussion. As far as volume, starting off slow, maybe just a few hundred a month, thinking a 1000RT would be unusually high for me.

Thanks,
    Andy

#29     Sep 1, 2010
  10. bigb

bigb

what bugs are you referring too? just wondering, cause i use it and notice a big improvement in stability then previous versions

#30     Sep 2, 2010