Why would the President be my Broker?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by jinxu, Aug 2, 2018.

1. jinxu

jinxu

So I just found out that the president of my brokerage firm is managing my account. It used to be just some regular employee in the firm that was managing me. But now it's the president of the firm.

It seems kind of strange to me. Why would the president be managing my account and not one of the regular employee? Should I be worried. Or am I paranoid that the president is trying to figure out my trading secrets?

The excuse they gave me was the president manage some clients account to help out.

2. southall

southall

My first thought was 'i didnt know Trump was a Broker'.

But seriously, no you are not being paranoid, they are going to reverse engineer your trading system and sell it to hedge funds who will then suck all of the liquidity out of it. I would immediately stop trading with this firm and move your account elsewhere

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
    greg500, rb7, BONECRUSHER and 2 others like this.
  3. traider

traider

Which broker is that? Let us know so we can avoid

4. jinxu

jinxu

They're one of the sponsor's here for ET. Still paranoid so not sure if I could give out their name. But chances are they probably already know who I am.

5. jinxu

jinxu

Thanks. I'll look into that.

6. Are they not all capable of doing that irregardless of size? Just look for the leaders.

I have a few accounts/brokers however the owner of the brokerage manages my largest account. He knows a ton about trading and has been an incredible asset to me the past few years. The money is in a segregated account.

I personally like having a broker who will ring me just for a chat sometimes.

7. Who is it? Is it a small brokerage?

8. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

They, TraDaToR and 1NCOGN1TO like this.
  9. How can you protect yourself?

10. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

thats why you need an omnibus account to buy in one and sell in the other not letting them see both sides of the trade.

#10     Aug 2, 2018