Why would someone use the Middle Man firm?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by traderpro, Feb 20, 2003.

1. Traderpro bashes non-self-clearing prop firms.. Lemme guess - you are with Andover.

At least these non-clearing firms are willing to pony up the money for ads to Baron and ET, making possible your free criticism of competing firms.

#21     Feb 22, 2003
  2. ejjfudd

ejjfudd

Fl__trader traderpro didnt start the thread bashing anyfirm from what i have read it seems that he had a ? and the name andover has been brought up a few times.Bashing a firm? traderpro has brought out valid points on his opinion and you came out of the woodwork and bring up bashing in the same sentance as andover?Why?..Valid points are all is what are needed here but like i said before the middle man firm has sent out its HELP on their defense.How sad..What is wrong with saying that fees are cheaper?Is that BASHING?I saw a mention of a firm name by him but sounds like he has good reason!

#22     Feb 22, 2003
  3. Fl trader my post are for traders who trade for themselves not for prop guys.But i see this reaction to what i have said and maybe people missed my point i dunno but i will spell it out for you guys.

Small firms pays $2-4 for a ticket
    charges trader 7-12 a ticket

clearing firms are much lower

so add up your volume and see what you would save.If you have a problem saving money well then that is your problem.You may get a bigger house or a nicer car from this.Why pay these other guys and give them your money(or just throw it in the garbage).

But it does seem to me like these people are acting like attorney's for the little firm like the workers are bashing the board.Are you one FL__TRADER? Because my post is trying to help the traders out there .And who cares who puts an add where!Doesnt put money in your pocket.Or does it?

#23     Feb 22, 2003
  4. ejjfudd

ejjfudd

Well you really spelled it out in your last post traderpro. If they don't get it now well i wouldnt bother any more let them throw away their money.. Because that is all they are doing!!!

#24     Feb 23, 2003

5. You are not helping anyone .....you are selling....what i can't understand is why you won't just give Baron his $$$ and do it the right way????....or perhaps it's because you are cutting so much you don't have any money left over for advertising????

I also heard this "clearing firm" is in trouble down in Boca.. heard from a head trader at another firm that their traders are calling him and looking for a better deal....and better treatment....Hmmmm? Don't know why ....cheapness is all that matters right?

#25     Feb 24, 2003
  6. Im rather new here but I have been reading for quite some time....I know who the clearing firms are but who are the middlemen? I've been trading for 3 years now and my commissions have gone way down but am I paying that much more? I can get around 5.00 most months with volume breaks but can it really get that much cheaper?

#26     Feb 24, 2003

7. depends on who you trade with and how many shares per month you do.....but if your a good trader you can get a good deal from any firm regardless of the clearing capabilities...don't listen to these con men about only dealing with sel clearing firms.....it's B/S because in truth, most larger firms who clear thru the bigger firms get BETTER rates then the small self clearing firms....plus, you know that they will still be here in a year or two...

#27     Feb 24, 2003
  8. You are not helping anyone .....you are selling....what i can't understand is why you won't just give Baron his $$$ and do it the right way????....or perhaps it's because you are cutting so much you don't have any money left over for advertising????

I also heard this "clearing firm" is in trouble down in Boca.. heard from a head trader at another firm that their traders are calling him and looking for a better deal....and better treatment....Hmmmm? Don't know why ....cheapness is all that matters right?

Here is the help who cares if an office is in trouble money is (sec and fda)insured.So if co (clearing firm) or whoever gets in trouble customer wont get BEAT!!($ is safe just like a bank and its over 100k insured).Go to Schunfield,Carlin-Generic,Tradescape,Andover, These Co are the best in the buis make your choice!! Stay away from the middle and stay away from the one T__M Direct works for that is for sure.I work for myself don't own or want to own any trading firm iam just looking out for my fellow trader .Unlike you conman TMDIRECT!!

#28     Feb 24, 2003
  9. as any real trader knows, keeping your costs low is critical and improves your bottom line. i trade 3 million-4 million shares/ month, so I don't want to pay any more than I have to. However, you still have to consider the quality of the office environment, perks like live news feeds and quality equipment, the degree of leverage you get, bullet costs, haircut, desk fees (bullshit), S/P call feed, how safe your capital is, etc. Also, look to see that they have a programmer that can help you implement new strategies if you want to design a DDE link trading program.
    The daytrading industry is consolidating and margins are becoming much slimmer. Competition is getting fierce for business and the firms that can't compete will be eliminated, as we have seen with many of these shady chop-shops. The trend is now towards firms that can self-clear and offer the lowest rates and the highest level of perks. Real volume traders are aware that there are some changes coming and that as this market volume continues to dry up, that these firms are going to have to compete pretty damn hard to keep us. If you trade volume, you are an asset to a trading firm. without volume, their costs/ breakpoints would go up, so it is in their interest to retain high volume traders . Firms are slowly waking up and realizing that it is better to keep traders by charging them a much lower rate and still make some, if not a whole lot of money, off their traders, then to have them leave for more competitive offers and make nothing at all. firms that want to retain traders need to be more accomodating and not piss off the guys that work there with excessive fees- there are other places that would be glad to have our business. my .02.

#29     Feb 24, 2003
  10. You're fishing traderpro, it's obvious. I'll bet you would be willing to hook a fellow trader up with a great deal if they just PM you, right?

Stop frightening the newbies.. Here's the deal on prop firms..
    You're money is NOT SIPC (govt.) insured. If you want the insurance, get a retail account.

As far as firms being "in trouble", rumors don't mean jack, and no one really knows if their prop firm could go belly up, you never know what these owners are doing (shorting VAXGEN puts I imagine!). Bottom line - no SIPC - no guarantee, that's the chance you take on a prop firm.

There is only one reason to imply publicly that firms are going to go belly up - to steal their customers. Weak!

#30     Feb 24, 2003