Why Would Karl Rove Want To Help Obama?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Dec 2, 2007.

1. http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/dee0a6e8-a109-11dc-9f34-0000779fd2ac.html

Dems are likely too stupid to figure out who the repubs think they can most easily beat in 2008, and thus who they would try to help...and try to hurt, and who they are most afraid of.

Whoever Rove and company are most afraid and most negative toward at this juncture is the candidate who has the best chance of getting elected and beating the republican candidate in November 2008.

2. You don't seriously believe that any democratic candidate is electable, do you? Senators are unelectable, especially Democratic N/E senators and I doubt that Republicans care whether it's going to be Hillary "Bill's wife" Clinton or Barack Hussein Obama. How was the rehab btw? :D

3. A white woman is more electable than a black man with a name that sounds like Osama.

Anything can happen in a general election, even Bush was elected, twice.

4. That's not necessarily true when the white woman's name is Clinton, she does come with a lot of baggage. Anything can of course happen but I find it extremely hard to imagine how either one of them can get elected.

5. Your assumption is founded on thinking the repubs can't screw the pooch even further than they already have, that dirt can't come out on a republican candidate, that a republican can't be swift boated...that there won't be a third party candidate who splits the republican vote, etc.

How quickly the unsophisticated forget that a presidency can be won with only a 43% popular majority, but taking enough states to win the electoral vote handily.

Bush didn't win in anything close to a landslide against Gore or Kerry.

One state swinging the other way would have made the difference.

Think of it this way:

All Hillary would have to do is win every state Kerry won, and Ohio.

That really isn't as daunting a task as you are making it out to be, but to think Obama would win as easily as Hillary shows you lost your thinking cap.

The repubs know this, which is why they would prefer Obama to a Clinton.

6. Didnt rove resign from his official pozzy a little while back?
    Maybe he thinks this is his new meal ticket.
    Not like he needs one.

Of course, its far more likely he's just plain evil.

7. Kennedy is the only one that comes to mind.

This appears to be a true statement.

8. Arnie

Arnie

Nice to see you finally acknowledge that. :D

9. It is not hard to acknowledge the stupidity of the republicans and others who voted for Bush, twice...

10. Compared to whoever the Dem's select in 2008 (I presume Hill or Gore) Bush will seem like a peace candidate.

The NYT's has been soft on Iraq for months now while glorifying the results of the troop surge. IMO this is window dressing for Democrat's who will seek to expand the U.S. military presence in the ME after '08.

Other than Kucinich there isn't a single Dem running who I'd describe as even remotely anti-war.

#10     Dec 3, 2007