Why would anyone trade spot fx

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by ChkitOut, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Overnight margin for 6E is not $7520, a lot of spot EUR/USD is €100000 and 6E is €125000 that's why there is a difference in tick value. Your have no idea what you are talking about.

#21     Jan 22, 2011
  2. cstfx

cstfx

#22     Jan 22, 2011
  3. Huh, i guess WentFishing trades GBP/USD spot then, since 6B is only $6.25 per tick. What a genius..

#23     Jan 22, 2011
  4. i hate paying a commiss on top of a spread too so I spot trade.

#24     Jan 22, 2011
  5. Doesn't the fact that almost all -- if not all -- the Forex houses that handle one and two thousand dollar accounts are thieving whores who reach in and steal the clients funds as if they were pickiong grapes mean anything to you guys. C'mon .... tell these new guys the reality.

I'm not talking about IB or some of the larger brokers but so many are so dirty it is crazy not to execute on the CME.

#25     Jan 22, 2011

6. I can only chuckle reading Pipmagic's and Wentfishing's posts...

Please do yourselves a favor and educate yourselves a bit.

:eek:

#26     Jan 24, 2011
  7. This is true, but I guess the downside is that on a losing trade, you will lose $ 125. The only solution, I guess would be to risk 9 vs reward 10.

#27     Jan 26, 2011
  8. Are there any liquid forex ETFs?

#28     Jan 26, 2011
  9. Ok, Ok ... I get it!!

I'm sorry my post was misinterpreted by so many. I'm well aware of contract size and tick value, this was not my point. The idea I was trying to point out was, If I'm going to invest the time and effort of studying either market and enter a position, I choose the Futures market since it is a larger contract and offers more data for analysis.

As for my required minimum figure, I am aware the dollar figure is incorrect. When I wrote this post it seemed somewhat "Hershey" like and I edited it dramatically, I didn't notice the error until the responses started to flow, and at that point the window of opportunity to edit the figure was closed.

So have some ET fun at my expense :( and good trading to you, whichever market you choose.

#29     Jan 27, 2011
  10. cvds16

cvds16