Why would anyone care if a soldier was gay?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ChkitOut, Dec 18, 2010.

1. Boys, boys, let's not get all worked up here. This is a non issue at the moment. Now the gay crowd can make it an issue if they start making crazy demands and wanting gay pride parades on base, but if they're sensible all this ranting and raving will blow over, no pun intended.:eek:
    I'm wondering how many of you even know any gay people. I was just at a party Saturday evening which was hosted by two gay gentlemen I've known for years. Couple of smokin' hot lezbo's were there too, but I digress. All I can say as a former dyed in the wool homophobe, this issue is blown way out of proportion:p I just can't help myself. The gay people I know are bright, decent people, and all have a wicked sense of humor which I like. And they throw a hell of a party.
    BTW, I served with a guy we all knew was gay and he did get some teasing on the way over. When the shit hit the fan, he was right there with the rest of us. The teasing ended!

#31     Dec 20, 2010
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

I didn't decide to be straight, it comes naturally.

Maybe you'd care to explain the supposed "obvious humor" in Dr. Z's posting a photo, under false pretenses, of an obviously retarded black guy. I'd love to hear it.

#32     Dec 20, 2010
  3. Heterosexual women who are repulsed by sucking cock, I'd like to see them converted.

Also, if gays are allowed to shower with heterosexuals, I'd like to see men & women showers and barracks integrated.
    - former Devil Dog [​IMG]

#33     Dec 20, 2010
  4. #34     Dec 20, 2010
  5. olias

olias

God made 'adam and eve' and 'adam and steve' and he makes hermafrodites too. The gay people I know are kick-ass. Very cool, caring, accepting, helpful people. It's a huge social injustice that they are looked down upon or viewed as 'bad people' for how they are wired. At least they aren't out making babies to be aborted or neglected.

#35     Dec 20, 2010
  6. Gays are unusually fierce at times, like women. [​IMG]

#36     Dec 20, 2010
  7. jem

jem

totally expected response from cave dwelling anti social misfit like you.

macho --- yeah guys who literally risk their lives and sometimes lose them are worried about being macho? do you leave your cave? SEALs are not macho... they are live wires.

#37     Dec 20, 2010
  8. I personally do oppose the repeal. I see it as an effort to placate the PC orthodoxy. I don't see DADT as homophobic. I see it as appropriate because sexual orientation shouldn't be relevant. Gay, straight, who cares? Why does it matter? The fact that it is being overturned is an assertion that it somehow DOES matter. I disagree with that assertion.

#38     Dec 20, 2010
  9. How does the assertion that sexual preference is not relevant to military service make gays "bad people"? You are making an unfathomable logical leap. I think the "don't ask don't tell" policy, if anything, respects gays, by saying that their sexual orientation doesn't matter one way or another, and is not relevant to military service. The repeal of this policy implies that one's sexual orientation is somehow a relevant factor. I think sexual orientation should be viewed in terms of how it actually is in terms of military service... irrelevant.. This repeal will mean that sexual orientation in the military is somehow a relevant issue. Alexander the great was a homosexual. Do you think he led his armies on the basis of sexual orientation? Do you think being gay or straight was somehow an issue in his regiments?

#39     Dec 20, 2010
  10. So, if you don't want to cuddle up with gay men in bed you are "homophobic" and a "bigot"... interesting... Men who risk life and limb for national defense are "drunk bigots"...

#40     Dec 20, 2010