Why would anyone care if a soldier was gay?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ChkitOut, Dec 18, 2010.

1. jem

jem

My friend was in the reserve until he did his twenty years.

Years ago i was in favor of gays in the military. My friend never really seemed to have an opinion...

Then his brother and a bunch of seals back from Iraq were out drinking with us. After a few beers my friend turns to these SEALs and says... jem here thinks you guys should be serving with guys who are openly gay. (from my friends perspective it was just about the funniest thing he could have done)

Those guys demanor completely changes. They were sort of ready to take my head off. they asked me if knew about their missions. they ask me if they knew that they sometimes had to sleep buts to nuts with the guys on their team. They were were dying out their and I was a complete commie for telling them they need to sleep buts to nuts with a gay guy while they were risking their lives for our safety.

They were the ones who convinced me... I seriously doubt the sentiment of seals has changed. If it were up to me, I would leave it up to the military.

#21     Dec 19, 2010
  2. jem

jem

typo = demeanor, butts, their

#22     Dec 19, 2010
  3. That would be my guess. And perhaps those who feel they are at risk of "conversion" (read: admission). But I repeat myself.

#23     Dec 19, 2010
  4. Gee whiz...

A bunch of macho guys out drinking in a bar display their homophobia...

That makes the argument for you, a bunch of drunk bigots make the argument for you...

#24     Dec 19, 2010
  5. Freud would have a field day.

[​IMG]
    Say what?

#25     Dec 19, 2010
  6. lindq

lindq

Hmmm. An interesting image. A fighting hole?

You learn that in boot camp, or was that advanced stuff?

#26     Dec 19, 2010
  7. Mercor

Mercor

I don't think to many other countries use their soldiers to fight. Just the USA

#27     Dec 19, 2010
  8. #28     Dec 19, 2010
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

Actually the Dr. claims he was assigned to a ship, cleaning toilets and such. I don't think they have too many fox hole/slit trenches on board ships.

#29     Dec 20, 2010
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

[​IMG]

#30     Dec 20, 2010