Why would anyone care if a soldier was gay?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ChkitOut, Dec 18, 2010.

1. god made" adam and eve"- not " adam and steve"

#11     Dec 18, 2010
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

58% of Marines currently serving strongly oppose the repeal. That's good enough for me.

#12     Dec 19, 2010
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

So you let your gay buddies into your hole uh? Gotcha.

#13     Dec 19, 2010
  4. Mercor

Mercor

The issues are mostly social.
    If straight men are to shower with homosexuals why not make women shower with straight men.

#14     Dec 19, 2010
  5. Only those who are gay care if they serve with other gays.

#15     Dec 19, 2010
  6. Again with homo references. Amazing.

#16     Dec 19, 2010
  7. Illum

Illum

People really shouldn't get worked up. If they have served they would know many gays have always served. If someone is unfit they get taken off the line. Yes it can happen to someone if they are too effeminate. They will be a secretary of sorts. But don't get crazy with that either. It isn't going to explode into a huge thing. It has always been happening. And nobody cares. I'm pretty confident some guys in my platoon were. I did not serve in combat so I can not say for sure how it would have played out. But these guys were good soldiers and I had complete faith in them. We just didn't hang out at nights chasing the local sluts together. Seriously, not an issue.

#17     Dec 19, 2010
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

It's a thread about homo's, dumb ass.

#18     Dec 19, 2010
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

You want to sleep in a cot next to two guys getting it on? Maybe YOU wouldn't mind, but I'm guessing more than few would.

Are gays not at somewhat higher risk for HIV? How about blood spatter from a wound, you OK getting blood splatter in the face from a guy that's infected? Not that it couldn't happen from a heterosexual taking a hit next to you, I'm only talking probabilities here.

#19     Dec 19, 2010
  10. what about gays in the army in other countries? i am not familiar with various scenarios but i would not be surprised if US is the only country with the idiotic DADT.

#20     Dec 19, 2010