Why would any educated woman be a christian? christianity hates women.

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Free Thinker, May 17, 2010.

1. For me, this pretty much sums it up, irrespective of one's gender:

[​IMG]

However, true to form, note that the woman was at fault.

#11     May 18, 2010
  2. lest you think keeping women in second class position is something from the past and does not happen anymore. think again. a church i used to attend and still keep in touch with member friends does not allow women in any position of leadership. as a woman member you can advance no further than a sunday school teacher. you can not be a pastor,a church elder, on the leadership committee or even an usher. you are not allowed to give men direction. you are only allowed to follow direction.
    the women seem to have no problem with it. i never heard any public complaints. muslim women who have to cover their faces seem to have no problem either. brainwashing is a powerful force.

#12     May 18, 2010
  3. PatternRec

PatternRec Guest

Sounds like a Plymouth Brethren assembly. But could be a number of others. In Brethren, women also have to cover their heads.

#13     May 18, 2010
  4. Ricter

Ricter

It's called socialization. You don't wear a dress, do you? And yet there is nothing fundamentally wrong with a man in a "dress". I put dress in quotes because in another culture it's called a kilt, which is ok for a man to wear.

#14     May 18, 2010
  5. You say socialization, I say subordination. You say tomahto, I say tomato.

#15     May 18, 2010
  6. no it was a breakaway sect of baptists. nothing out of the mainstream other that they believe the bible 100% literal. there were no written rules on dress. most men and women dressed casual. some of the younger girls pushed the limits with short shorts. every once in a while you would get a sermon on modest dress.

#16     May 18, 2010
  7. Ricter

Ricter

They are not interchangeable terms. Socialization also includes superordination.

#17     May 18, 2010
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

Then I suppose that makes you an educator of sorts.

Tell me, what is the name of the teaching/education method you're using called? You know, where the "educator" is self righteous, arrogant, demeaning and condescending? I'm not familiar with that method. Are they using it in schools somewhere?

My point being your potential "students" might be more receptive of your lectures, such as they are, if you weren't such a dick about it all.

#18     May 18, 2010
  9. The way to deal with superstition is not to be polite to it, but to tackle it with all arms, and so rout it, cripple it, and make it forever infamous and ridiculous.--- Henry Louis Mencken

#19     May 18, 2010
  10. PatternRec

PatternRec Guest

When it comes to matters of faith, there is no nice, cordial, or respectful way to present opposing or damning discourse - according to the POV of the person who has the faith. No matter how it is presented, if not presented by someone claiming to share the exact variant of the faith, it will be considered an attack upon the faith to one degree or another. So why bother with pretense?

That's what makes Mencken's quote above so poignant.

#20     May 18, 2010