Why would a Prop firm want me?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by warrick, Oct 31, 2006.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

Don,

What exactly is a call in? Sorry for asking this twice. Are you saying holding an ET chat? Or some kind of conference call? Please explain yourself better as it sounds like it could be a good idea.

#21     Nov 2, 2006
  2. Where we have those traders in chat allowed to call in with questions, or type in questions, just a 2 way dialogue. I've done a few that way, basically a Webex type thing (except I don't pay for it).

I talked to Baron and evidently Andre' is no longer holding the educational chat sessions here on ET.

Paltalk is a good way, as well. We could do something like that.

Don

#22     Nov 2, 2006
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

OK Don, I think I have used PalTack once before. Not really an expert at it. So it's an internet chat room where guys can log in and connect to voice chat so they can talk and ask questions?

#23     Nov 3, 2006
  4. (OK, big Bright Trading secret, don't tell anyone, LOL).

Every morning, half hour before the opening, we set up our private Paltak room, our traders log in for free, I have our NYC analyst, our Canadian Pairs leaders, our Remote manager, and "me" yes, even "me" LOL...we share the days "numbers" (pivots, gov't numbers, hybrids, etc. etc.) and use this for putting out BT internal information, and answer questions. We address new Redi functions, hybrid "stuff" and all we can to keep our guys and gals abreast of what is happening. FWIW, I think this is extremely valuable, especially with so many remote traders who might feel a disconnect...now they are right in the fold.

Don

#24     Nov 3, 2006
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

Who pays for the PalTalk? How do you set this up? Everyone has to download and install the software right?

#25     Nov 3, 2006
  6. Big secret, only free to Bright Traders, eveyone else has to pay me directly, in cash.

Paltalk is free to a certain point (number of members to your private room), and the fees are pretty cheap. Go to www.paltalk.com register yourself, go into one of the rooms that says "business and finance" - then to trading groups (or something like that), you'll see a bunch of public rooms, and a few private rooms. Check it out...

Call me if you want to practice, I'll set up a room for you.

Don

#26     Nov 3, 2006