Why would a prop firm steal your deposit?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by giggollo, Dec 8, 2006.

1. mnx

mnx

so do we start a thread in prop firms and make it sticky?

That is a good idea IMHO.

- mnx

#91     Jul 16, 2007
  2. teck

teck

Well if you have a ligit Beef lets hear it.... lets try and stick to the facts and air our problems .

#92     Jul 16, 2007
  3. NY_HOOD

NY_HOOD

i knew a guy that was given the run a round with his deposit. he did'nt get mad,he just went to the office wiith a friend and waited for the owner to come out. when he did,he grabbed him as he was getting in his car and grabbed him by the throat and told him if the money was'nt wired to his account within 24 hours he was going to tear his eyes out of his skull. if he called the cops,he was going to be crippled for life. thats a true story. he got his money back the next day. no exaggeration. thats the risk you run when you screw with a guys deposit i guess. most people won't resort to violence,this guy would of in a heart beat.

#93     Jul 16, 2007
  4. I know a guy same thing. He kept quiet then waited and went after everything close to that person. Children, wife, family. Man it must really suck went it comes back to you. Just to see your children suffer for a f-up you made. Crazy people in this world but they just do it without a mention. Shouldn't screw with people never know who is crazy.

#94     Jul 16, 2007
  5. timcar

timcar

If you as a trader are worried about your deposit not being return(say the amount was $5,000) what does that tell you about the rest of how this Prop firm operates.

Hopefully at least after two months of trading you will have earned that amount back and a lot more.

The deposit is just one piece of the pie when looking at going to a Prop firm.

A traders main concerns should be:

1. Deposit amount and how long to get back.
    2. Amount of leverage trader gets.
    3. Commission rate
    4. Payout timeframe
    5. usefulness of the trading platform

This in no real order, interesting to see what others would find most important before joining Prop firm.

#95     Jul 16, 2007