Why would a Governor care about a state trooper

Discussion in 'Politics' started by WaveStrider, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Okay, now trash the shit out of the Librarian. Is she a drinker? Did she steal once?

Honest to god, ad hom is not supposed to be a way of life. Must the Republicans attempt to smear and trash every single person involved in an investigation?

The investigation does not hinge on him -- he, or Wooten, could be horrible horrible bastards. The investigation is whether she is or is not also a horrible bastard.

#61     Sep 20, 2008
  2. It's not the normal Republicans that we're talking to here. At least not the Republicans that I know. These guys defending Palin here, are what's called "Fargo" Republicans, for lack of a better words. Remember that old guy (father-in-law) car dealer in the movie "Fargo?" Palin would fit right in as his daughter, and Todd's role, well I won't go there.

And these guys here, they think that's an average American family. That's why they think Palin is so great.

#62     Sep 20, 2008
  3. Hey BigDave:

After all the trashing, smearing, distortion, and downright lying that you and others have done on this board, you ask this question? LOL. You gotta be kidding.

OldTrader

#63     Sep 21, 2008
  4. ak15

ak15

This has nothing to do with the issue being disputed. Whether Monegan perjured himself or not and if it is cause for termnation or not is irrelevant to the topic under contention - Did Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin abuse her power in trying to fire her former brother-in-law?

#64     Sep 21, 2008
  5. I have not and I'll ask that you retract that.

#65     Sep 21, 2008
  6. I heard a comment once that stereotyped Alaskans. Basically it said something along the lines of Alaskans generally have a dark side. Why else would they choose to be living in Alaska of all places if not to escape something? Sly and wicked dark humor I thought. Looking at all these accusations and counter accusations of Alaskans in positions of authority and one begins to wonder if there is a gist of truth to the stereotype.

#66     Sep 21, 2008
  7. Just calling a spade a spade bigdave. There's nothing to retract.

OldTrader

#67     Sep 21, 2008
  8. I have not lied about anything here whatsoever, and my posts often contain links to the sources involved. To paraphrase a movie, your imputation was totally without basis in fact, and was in no way fair comment, and was motivated purely by malice and you should hereby undertake not to repeat any such slander at any time in the future.

#68     Sep 21, 2008
  9. Here's what I said bigdave:

Hey BigDave:

After all the trashing, smearing, distortion, and downright lying that you and others have done on this board, you ask this question? LOL. You gotta be kidding.

This in response to your own post accusing others of "trashing and smearing". Actually, of the 4 allegations I made, the "downright lying" is one that implies some type of purposeful mis-statement, where you actually knew the truth but purposefully made the mis-statement. I don't know if you "lied" in that context. But note the statement I made said "you and others". And I suspect even you are not willing to back up some of the statements made by the likes of "arealpissedoffgoy", are you?

However, that leaves "trashing, smearing, and distortion". I'm comfortable with applying those adjectives to some of your posts.

OldTrader

#69     Sep 21, 2008