Why wont the US collapse?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by peilthetraveler, Dec 21, 2009.

1. don't laugh too much... in some years all the pay of your salary will not buy you a lunch... ( the word is inflation... ).

#21     Dec 22, 2009
  2. Once the recovery gets rolling, the market and the economy will get exuberant, and the Fed will do what the Fed do best--raise interest rate, which control inflation.

#22     Dec 22, 2009
  3. So consumming stuff that in less than 6 months will be in the trash for 99% of them and then spending your life to pay back, is the meaning of a recovery ?

ahhh yeahhh recover the problem with toilet paper, so it will not be there after... the way of the ostrich... in effective facing the Eagle... :D

#23     Dec 22, 2009
  4. CET

CET

It is all about relative value, not absolute value. If you don't know this you should stay on the porch and watch.

#24     Dec 22, 2009
  5. FIAT currency system has allowed the world to grow at sustained rate for the course of last 50 years. with a commodity backed commodity, we would see prolonged depressions that would lead to generalized starvation and revolt.

in addition, since these commodities are extracted from the soil and are concentrated in specific regions of the globe, a global gold or oil backed currency would lead to a shift of power from the actual economic super powers to others. i dont see the USA, Europe and Japan throwing out their economic supremacy to Australia, South Africa, Russia or Brazil just for fun, really.

#25     Dec 22, 2009
  6. sosueme

sosueme

please explain

#26     Dec 22, 2009
  7. relative value mean that other exists... you have impact on other... as they have on you.

Yes, I will watch you lose your life, your dignity and your absolute value in your way to get your relative valueable goods...

And don't worry for me, when you will get tirsty of running around the block I will still sell you a cup of water... :D Joking, how could I sell something of value to someone who only knows realitive value? :D

#27     Dec 22, 2009
  8. 1) Wrong... didn't you see the suffering in the world ? None told you that all the great democracies falled when the gap between the poorest and the richest ment that the poor children where dying silently when the other where partying... That's what does best fiat currency... killing people form within...

2) Water is your answer...

#28     Dec 22, 2009