Why won't Palin talk to reporters?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Sep 5, 2008.

1. "Her job approval rating is astoundingly high with an 86% overall approval rating and 63% strongly approving of her job performance. Independents approve by a margin of 86% - 10% and there is absolutely no gender gap. 97% of Republicans approve of the job she is doing as do 75% of Democrats. She receives high job approval ratings across all regions of Alaska."

http://marcambinder.theatlantic.com/archives/2008/09/mccain_campaign_touts_palins_p.php

#41     Sep 6, 2008
  2. bighog

bighog Guest

papst

All 105 of the Alaskan people? :D

#42     Sep 6, 2008
  3. :)

As we both know those are over the top numbers even if the sample was just our family sitting at the dinner table.

Against that backdrop of popularity attacks on Palin based off a "disgruntled" Alaskan here and there will go no where.

The same way no one cares that white Chicagoans (like you used to be) would be shot in the head if they walked through Obama's district late at night.

Based on locality my criticisms of Obama remain: In a city where 30 school children have been murdered in gang violence this year, what compelling negotiation skills does Obama bring to the table with rogue Islamic regimes? Would it not have been a feather in Obama's Che Guevera beret to have been able to say, 'It was me who sat down with the Insane Vice Lords, the P Stone Nation ect. and hammered out a truce allowing Chicago kids to safely attend school”?

Instead while Chicago burns in gang warfare, high taxes and failing educational and transit programs-while white libs like you leave the friggin' state rather than fight the problems with your taxes-Obama is considered by mental midgets to be some sort of indispensable “leader”.

#43     Sep 6, 2008
  4. I don't think that someone who voted for GWB twice should be pointing too many fingers or engaging in a debate about mental acuity.

#44     Sep 6, 2008
  5. And why would someone have been compelled to vote for Gore. Because him and Lieberman weren't neo-cons? Get off the kool-aid.

And why vote for Kerry/Edwards? Did they both not vote FOR Iraq. And are they both not scumbags besides? Kerry would have won the 2004 race going away if he wasn't a flip-flopping, duplicitous, throwing someone else's medals over the fence reprobate.

Like most American homeowners my property has doubled during the past 8 years (even now-I was a triple 2 years ago) which dramatically increases my local property taxes but at the same time Bush at least gave me relief on taxes of my earned income.

I lived in NYC for a year when Clinton was President. My salary was 10k a month. My net pay check was 49% of gross. That pay check of course didn't reflect the additional taxes one STILL pays in the form of sales taxes, excise taxes, utility taxes and God forbid-property taxes. Any one who believes that in a "free" society one should pay well over half their income in taxes is nothing more than a commie leach. But then that's the whole deal, eh? Liberals can bitch and whine about Iraq and Katrina and oil blah, blah but thats not really the basis of any tangible grievance on their part. What libs REALLY want-is the paycheck of working people. They want what ISN'T THEIR'S. At least the begger on the street gives thank's. Liberal cock sucking thieves will tell you we want more;you're not paying your FAIR SHARE.

I have a creed.

Since 80% of Jews vote Democrat, I'm a Republican.

Since 90% of ghetto blacks vote Democrat, I'm a Republican.

Because 80-90% of millionaire media and entertainment folks vote Democrat-I'm a Republican.

Because 80% of over paid on the public dole academics vote Dem, I am a Republican.

Because 70% of those who served their country vote Republican, I'm a Republican.

70% of working folks with children (irregardless of race) vote GOP. It is THEY who I stand with.

I'll say this again: For you and other folks on ET who do not live in America who do not pay American taxes-who do not educate your kids in American schools, who do not live in America's social laboratory to persist in critiquing American's is no less unsavory than me weighing in on Iraqi politics

#45     Sep 6, 2008
  6. But it is perhaps a bit more savory than, say, invading Iraq for no valid reason.

#46     Sep 6, 2008
  7. In the last 3 national elections 4 Democrats have been candidates who served in the U.S. Senate on the day of the Iraq War vote.

ALL FOUR voted for the War.

It's not as if the vote was 100-0. Quite a few Dem's voted nay.

Where are they? Obama had a chance to make a really big "anti-war" statement. Who'd he pick? Just another Democrat who voted for Iraq.

If Bush "manufactured" evidence for the invasion then why would someone who was "fooled" by Bush be qualified for higher office? Ted Kennedy wasn't fooled. Barbara Boxer wasn't fooled. But instead the dem's want us to believe than those who SUPPORTED 'tainted" intelligence are appropriate alternatives to Bush? LMFAO.

If Joe Biden-Chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee-doesn't have enough contacts and information to make an accurate assessment of the situation in the most important vote of his career then he's worthless.

If military veterans like John Kerry and Max Cleland couldn't make a correct decision with a lifetime of friends in high places advising them-what are they worth?

Only in America-or apparently Canada-can someone vote for something and then think they can successfully campaign against it.. Yes only IDIOTS were fooled into voting for Kerry based on Iraq and only IDIOTS will be fooled into voting for Senator “Change” who VOWS to increase our troop presence in Afghanistan.

#47     Sep 6, 2008
    #48     Sep 6, 2008
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

Damn he's good.

#49     Sep 6, 2008
  10. Your argument is circular and, therefore, full of shit.

Regardless, the difference between thinking people and doofs is that thinking people acknowledge their mistakes and seek to correct them rather than "stay the course." Why don't you regale us with some more tales of trades where you refused to exit in time and ended up losing far more money than you should have. I vaguely recall such posts of yours in the past regarding some of your trading experiences. I think they would be suitable for consumption now in this context.

#50     Sep 6, 2008