"Why won't God heal amputees?"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by lkh, Jun 9, 2006.

1. So do you compare yourself to Mahmoud Ahmadinejad? Still mystifying but there might be a point there.

#1301     Feb 21, 2007
  2. Obviously the posts did not, but it does not surprise me that you do not understand

#1302     Feb 21, 2007
  3. Retreating already? Why did you resurrect this thread in the first place if you were going to abandon it so quickly?

#1303     Feb 21, 2007
  4. Alright, let's do just that.
    I assume you're speaking English here. Following your sentence, "Proving God is not the same as evidence," you said, "Try Iran and the Holocaust." Let's see how we should read this.

1. You had earlier claimed that God cannot be proven or disproven. I assume that you imply that as an universal statement. In other words, God cannot be proven or disproven, whether you're a believer or not. Within this context, the analogy with the Holocaust is that the Holocaust cannot be proven or disproven, whether you believe it happened or not. This implies that you don't think there is proof that the Holocaust happened.

2. Since you denied the above reading of your post (somehow suggesting that it should be obvious to everyone), then let us look at the alternative interpretation. In the subsequent post you made an emphasis on IRAN. It suggests that if Iran doesn't believe that the Holocaust happened, then it is not proven to Iran. This is a bizzare logic. Your point can be interpreted as this: No matter how strong the evidence is, if you don't believe that something exists, then you cannot prove that it exists. The so-called "proof" is only valid if you believe it.

You know what, there is another name for your logic. It's called "faith."

#1304     Feb 21, 2007
  5. Regarding the attempt to slice and dice the Iran quote.

The Bond boy can be thick. But as I said before...

#1305     Feb 21, 2007
  6. You brought it up, now you wish to take it back... Lol.

#1306     Feb 21, 2007
  7. stu

stu

He'll be from the old school .. // runs in the room pees in the punch bowl shouting at the bar staff 'I don't understand why you did that' // ... type.

Doesn't realize he makes ridiculous statements and simply because they are pointed out as such, blames everyone for not being able to hold conversation.
    It seems rationality on such subjects don't come easy to rcanfiel , who can only yell at others through the fog inside that unidirectional religious bubble he trapped himself in.

#1307     Feb 22, 2007
    #1308     Feb 22, 2007
  9. stu

stu

rcanfiel,

1) React/respond to posts, whether or not you have a clue what they said

• your post contained this,...... "- Avoid too much sun - causes melanomas. Whoops,actually, avoiding sun too much causes many more deaths (eg, Vitamin D). "

I used it as an example, for all the other items in the list which are as equally or more ridiculous....
    2) ignore other person's points about your posts (it is easier to gloss over, than to deal with)

• You have made no points other than ridiculous ones. I asked if I need explain why that sentence of yours in quotes above is ridiculous. You ignore that. You gloss over it with accusations that I am glossing over. That's where you pee in the punch..

It went this way. You made an assertion and tried to back it up with a list of ridiculous sentences full of error. I point that out. The rest is a litany of winging from you just because I pointed out you were making a very silly assertion. based on ridiculous sentences in a very silly list.

You tell people to re read posts as that is the record . When one does, it is found you have peed in the punch yet again. To put it simply, you mess up then try to say others messed up.
    3) Use logic somewhat equivalent to "o, yea"? a lot

• Are you trying to say from your point of view no one is supposed to question your ridiculous points?
    4) use terms like "Don't you see how ridiculous that is?" without saying why it is so or showing why it is untrue.

• I asked you before but you ignored. Do you mean you honestly cannot see what is wrong with that sentence, and therefore what is also wrong with the whole list you made, and in turn how that makes your point pretty much worthless.. Do you really need me to explain that to you?

5) Parrot back other person's stock words without responding to your own many errors.

• .. Disprove, don't assert are your stock words?...then why don't you try to live by them.
      I used your stock words in demonstration to illustrate why they don't work if you don't live by them too. I showed you why I say your sentence(s) are ridiculous ....does lacking in logical relation not ring any bells?
    6) Keep talking whether or not you have anything to say. After all, if you keep talking, that must mean you win!!!
    • You were saying?!!!
    Look, instead if moaning like an irascible old bastid , start by explaining how using that sentence can make any kind of logical support for your argument (whatever the hell it might be)
    a.) If people ...."Avoid too much sun...." how exactly will they be "... avoiding sun too much.."
    b. How come you know about melanoma and how come you know about vitamin D.
    Is it .. “Whoops” due to science or “Whoops” due to religious faith.
    c.) Do you think it is ok to say any ridiculous thing in support of any silly argument because you think there is a God on your side.

please note c.) is discretionary. No marks will be added or taken away should you choose to answer or not. as it is an obvious 'yes' anyways

#1309     Feb 22, 2007
  10. No Son of God can lack faith, and his power goes with him everywhere. The amputee is a Son of God who put his faith in something other than truth, to make an illusion appear real. Now he believes in the reality of his wound, having denied the truth, which is to forget it. The truth is: A Son of God cannot be hurt, and remains whole, as God made him.

Jesus

#1310     Feb 24, 2007