"Why won't God heal amputees?"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by lkh, Jun 9, 2006.

1. More debate between your left hand and your right hand.

#1291     Feb 21, 2007
  2. stu

stu

No need. The position is clear your statements are ridiculous.

okay so...

• mathematics, philosophy/logic, art/humanities, (animal/human) psychology,....
    is not grouping in your world.
    whilst
    • mathematics, philosophy, logic, art, humanities, (animal and human) psychology, ...
    is grouping ???
    Now lets apply that approach to your list of ridiculous assertions.....

SCIENCE: Keep changing paradigm to reflect that new understandings demonstrate that previous one was wrong or inadequate. Continue in perpetuity. Recent examples:

Disprove, don't assert

- Nutritional studies that keep flip-flopping our understanding whether antioxidants do or do not help avoid cancer or other health problems.

Disprove, don't assert

- Avoid too much sun - causes melanomas. Whoops, actually, avoiding sun too much causes many more deaths (eg, Vitamin D).

Disprove, don't assert

......see where that gets your ridiculous argument...nowhere....

I asked you this , (now for the third time)....

"Avoid too much sun - causes melanomas. Whoops, actually, avoiding sun too much causes many more deaths (eg, Vitamin D) "

can you see ridiculous it is to put that sort of garbled nonsense forward in support of an argument,?
    Do you honestly need me to show you why it is ridiculous not to mention lacking in logical relation? "

If you feel you still cannot address those questions or the other remarks I made directly, feel free to reply
    "Disprove, don't assert"
    before running away..

#1292     Feb 21, 2007
  3. Both quite accurate.

The christian cannot prove God to others. It still remains a matter of faith, in spite of evidence.

Science has neither proven nor disproven the existence of God.

There is a lot of testable evidence in the scripture. Proving God is not the same as evidence.

Try Iran and the Holocaust. There is strong evidence for its existence, but "Mahmoud Ahmadinejad provoked international outrage on Wednesday when he described the Holocaust as "a myth" and suggested that Israel be moved to Europe, the United States, Canada or Alaska."

#1293     Feb 21, 2007
  4. Go recharge your batteries. You have gone into the trap state

#1294     Feb 21, 2007
  5. The ineptness clearly shows. You're using the Bush logic "either you're with us, or you're against us." Your post suggested a binary choice "no sun" or "all sun." When stu pointed out your lack of "logical relation" you still failed to pick up the clue.

This reinforces the impression that the fundamentalists live in a black-and-white world.

#1295     Feb 21, 2007
  6. This analogy is mystifying.

Let me see if I can get this straight. You're saying that there is evidence of God, but God cannot be proven. You're using the Holocaust as an analogy. Are you suggesting that there is no proof that the Holocaust happened, despite evidence?

#1296     Feb 21, 2007
  7. Seems like on a different thread, discussions with you went in circles

#1297     Feb 21, 2007
  8. stu

stu

... ok so you are stuck with a ridiculous argument you cannot support. You could have been a little more honest about that, instead of floundering quite so embarrassingly the way you are.

#1298     Feb 21, 2007
  9. Try rereading the post. Was it THAT hard to see that it said that IRAN was the one making the assertion?

(And I will quit with you there. Past experience says that you prefer to continue talking whether or not you have anything to say).

#1299     Feb 21, 2007

10. Since you ignore or do not understand most of what has transpired, I will step out of this conversation. For those who don't know why, reread the stu-rcanfiel posts. Come to your own conclusions. stu prefers to keep talking rather than grasp the thread. As to what stu thinks, I have quickly learned that I don't care. I think the pilot light went out.

More than happy to discuss with those who can carry on a 2-way conversation.

#1300     Feb 21, 2007